Dust Bath

• 10 Replies

Jae Dawn

Dust Bath
« on: August 10, 2010, 13:23 »
Hi all,

I stopped at Homebase at lunch time BIG mistake!!  Went in for some dirt and sand for the new chicks so I could create a dust bath for them.  Ended up walking out paying £133.99.  Dern expensive dust bath.  ???

Oh yeah they had a fabulous table and two chairs on sale £99.97 and of course you could get additional chairs for £14.99 each one.  So got that as well since I have been sitting and playing with my new babies on an over turned empty pot think this will be much more comfortable and the extra chairs is for all my friends that told me I was crazy to get chickens (as they coo over my new babies).   :blink:

One of my friends really poopoo'd the idea and has been over everyday to see how mine are doing.  Even texts me during the day (shakes head) figure she will be getting chickens within the next month!!   :D :D

jamima

Re: Dust Bath
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 13:26 »
Too right how much ??? mine use an old pot in the garden !!! :)

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 13:51 »
Ours use dug outs around old tree stumps in which we put sand and once a week red mite powder.  Off to B&Q to check out the table and chairs though!!
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

Jae Dawn

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 15:42 »
Actually Kathie it was Homebase ... you can see it on line www.homebase.co.uk and search Madrid table.  Think the picture doesn't do it justice to be fair.  Alot more sturdy then the picture looks in real life at the store!  Being a bigger (cough) lady I need the sturdy bit for my eglu like backside!   8)

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:17 »
Thanks for that Jae Dawn,

I can't believe what happened just hours after my last post on here.  I went out to find that hubby and youngest son had tried to chain saw a chopping block off old tree stump and said stump gave way and came tumblling down the banking bringing hubby down with it (we live in valley so all land is tierd or sloping).  So now I have to sort out new baths for our girlies!!

Fisherman

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 17:39 »
Its great that you have new dust baths for your girls. On lesser important matter you forgot to mention whether your hubby is alright!!!!

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 18:57 »
Hi Fisherman, I think his pride was hurt and the chainsaw he had to throw is a bit damaged but other than that he was very lucky, calls it his ride of death on a log!! He's a Lancashire man, from Heysham, but spent 22 yrs in RAF as regiment gunner

Fisherman

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 20:09 »
How weird I was looking at Heysham this afternoon from Beacon Fell (hill in the Trough of Bowland).

Jae Dawn

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:10 »
  So glad to know he is okay!  Shame about the damage on the chainsaw.  Better it then your hubby!  :unsure:

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 14:46 »
Thanks Jae Dawn, sorry I seem to have taken over your post.  We didn't get to Homebase
I think he may see a new chainsaw as priority LOL
Kathie

Jae Dawn

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:09 »
 ::) Dont they always!   :D

xx
Dust bath

Started by tosca100 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post September 07, 2013, 12:51
by LittleRedHen
xx
The pleasures of a dust bath

Started by Elcie on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 10:29
by TeaPots
xx
Big dust up in the hen house

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 20:34
by New shoot
xx
Formation dust bathing

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2010, 21:50
by themagicaltoad1

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 32 queries.