Dust bath

• 3 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Dust bath
« on: September 05, 2013, 11:20 »
A few of the girls dug themselves a communal dust bath yesterday, and today Sevi took up residence overseen by Cheren (BG for black) who was fussing around him. She had already seen Lacey off, but Bunty thought of joining the party...then changed her mind. Wise girl. Short vid.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:21 by tosca100 »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Dust bath
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 18:01 »
They do love a good dust bath don't they  :)  You can see Bunty is dying to get in there, but loses her nerve at the last minute  :lol:

Mine have got a lot of soil in their run at the moment.  Mostly from veg I have dug up and chucked in there for them to eat the remaining leaves and have a thorough inspection of the root ball.  There's some dry leaves as well from a large pittosporum shrub.  They would make a beeline for the leaves, so chucked them in the run in the hopes they would stop digging my border up  ::)  Mass dust baths have been the daily afternoon routine through the hot summer days  :D

Will dig it all out and replace with bark chip as the autumn days get wetter, but for now, dust baths rule  :lol: 

grinling

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 21:47 »
Sooty likes ash from the fire, so only let out this afternoon after it had cooled. Obviously the first bit was too hot, 2nd bit perfect as she slowly turned grey.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 12:51 »
I swear that they sound orgasmic when they dust bathe.  It must be fabulous for them!
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

xx
Dust Bath

Started by Jae Dawn on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 10:09
by Jae Dawn
xx
The pleasures of a dust bath

Started by Elcie on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 10:29
by TeaPots
xx
Big dust up in the hen house

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 20:34
by New shoot
xx
Formation dust bathing

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2010, 21:50
by themagicaltoad1

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 35 queries.