Poultry Auctions

• 53 Replies

lightyears

Re: Poultry Auctions
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 15:41 »
i think you may have misinterpreted my wild dig. A number of people have said that ex batts need a different type of care, which new keepers, like you,like me even, cant really give until you know them better. it appears to me that your just going ahead with your own agenda even though people have said one thing. as i said appears though, you may mean well enough and i may have misinterpreted you. For my own personal reasons im going to keep out of this thread now and let you go on your own devices.  

oh and i dont have a degree in chicken keeping, but i do have one in Art&Photography(easy man degree)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 15:47 by lightyears »

dizzylizzie

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 15:43 »
i dont have a degree on chicken keeping but i made the effort to read a bit and find out the basics. i have made sooo many mistakes, and this forum has been a godsend to me the people have so much knowladge and experiance, that they patiently and willingly share so that i can do the very best for my birds. i just think ex-batts have suffered enough without going to live with someone who dosent even know what/where a vent is

matilda duck

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 15:59 »
I don't have a degree in anything!!!!  I am not backing down on what I said either!
It's your choice, and if your wonderfull friend can make all your chickens get on well good for her!   This is a tried and tested area.  Chickens have a pecking order and an ex-batt doesn't stand a chance!!!!!  They are tired, featherless, and week and a few days with a NORMAL chicken isn't going to help.

I can't comment on anymore of your topics as you so obviously know what you are doing.  And don't blame us because you've changed your ideas.....that's just your doing we can only guide.
Sorry if I upset but I do know what i'm talking about on this!

Feeb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 16:01 »
personally, i think the only pecking order than needs to be sorted out is the one on this forum  :blink:

i'll leave you all too it  - cheers for the tips

Foxy

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 16:05 »
Now why has this thread got so prickly? Can we please get back on track, and back to the helpful forum we are supposed to be?

Feeb as you can see everyone is rather passionate about their birds! Just dont ask which breed as your next thread that usually causes havoc too! ::) :D

nzdunn

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2009, 16:05 »
im sorry feeb but your posts are like a rollarcoster, no one is having a dig at you but if you re read your post as some stated you might see the confusion :blink:.   At the end of the day im sure you will offer your new girlies a good home but preparation is paramount, this forum is fantastic and is like the bible to me.   No one is saying dont re home exbatts but you need to know everything about there needs and understand the enviorement they have come from, to put them in with other birds straight away might not be the best thing, as someone has stated they dont know how to be a chicken, to subject them to other birds where bullying WILL  happen might not be the best situation for them, prehaps get your 4 girlies, see how you go with them and then see about rehoming exbatts when you have a bit more knowledge and experience.   Exbatts are truely wonderful birds and i love reading about flowerpots and dizzylizzies birds and pictures.        Nicky

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2009, 16:07 »
As you can see Feeb, we can all get a bit passionate on here about our poultry and I know that we can come over as a bit evangelical! The problem is that we have had so many truely dreadful keepers on here over recent months that we can get a bit defensive and for that I am sorry. We are simply trying to pass on some of the many mistakes we have had to watch others make and made ourselves so you don't have to. That is why we seem a bit harsh. You can learn from our experiences or your own but with your own your girls have to suffer again. Wish I had known the things I have learnt here before I lost 2 of my ducklings to magpies and had to kill 2 of my girls after a fox attack. I have lived and learnt.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

nzdunn

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2009, 16:08 »
personally, i think the only pecking order than needs to be sorted out is the one on this forum  :blink:

i'll leave you all too it  - cheers for the tips

Im sorry here but i have to say something wot kind of attitude is that to have on here, you have lots of threads about advice and everyone has replied to you with there experiences.   After saying that i wouldnt expect any more advice :mad:    nicky

Foxy

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2009, 16:10 »
Right I am locking this as for one getting rather tired of it.

xx
poultry auctions

Started by cornfed on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 28, 2007, 18:37
by cornfed
xx
poultry auctions

Started by skyblue on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post April 30, 2010, 20:45
by joyfull
xx
Poultry Auctions?

Started by mickwood on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 22, 2008, 21:16
by mickwood
xx
Poultry Auctions - Hampshire

Started by geoff37 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 02, 2011, 10:33
by geoff37

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 39 queries.