Learner driver rant.

• 1 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Learner driver rant.
« on: July 17, 2021, 15:53 »
No it's not what you think, this rant is aimed at the instructor I was patiently waiting behind at a road junction leading onto a major road.  A big black 'vehicle' (too large to be called a car) the driver flashed its headlights to entice out the learner driver. 

Rather than instruct the learner about the correct use of the road the rules of the road and wait until it was safe to emerge, out came the instructors arm and with a wave of aknolegement out drove the learner. 

Will learners by encouraged to wave at everyone as the increasingly annoyingh habit keeping one hand on the steering wheel next?

Cheers,  Tony. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

al78

Re: Learner driver rant.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 10:45 »
Yes, flashing lights means "I am here", not "pull out regardless". One of the worst examples of this was when I was cycling to work on a country lane, I was approaching a left turn with a car waiting to turn right and an oncoming car. The oncoming driver (completely pointlessly, as the road was empty apart from us) stopped and flashed their lights as a signal for the waiting driver to pull out, right when I was about to pass in front of them! Fortunately the driver had seen me and stayed put, this oncoming driver still flashing, apparently completely oblivious to my presence and why the other driver wasn't moving.

xx
stupid delivery driver

Started by al78 on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post December 03, 2020, 05:26
by Growster...
xx
grumpy getting old man rant

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post February 19, 2018, 13:38
by Goosegirl
xx
Show advice/rant and finding judges

Started by Truffle on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 28, 2022, 07:57
by GraciesGran

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 37 queries.