Aphids

• 2 Replies

hubballi

Aphids
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:16 »
I am having terrible trouble with aphids on Parsley, Honeysuckle, roses and blackcurrent. I have been using warm soapy water in one of those pressure spray bottles and I think it is helping reduce the numbers. I have also started to dry basil and chives and make an infusion from them into the spray so hopefully that will help keep them at bay too.

Has anyone else got any organic tips ?

Patricia

• Experienced Member
    • My Garden blog
Re: Aphids
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:22 »
I don't think the basil will be good against them as I have problems with them eating my basil here. Maybe try a garlic water spray to see if that will help. Also attracting birds to your garden, such as blue tits as they eat aphids. Also lady birds. On my fuschias I just have a squishing day.

mickwood

• Experienced Member
    • Our Lotty
Re: Aphids
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 09:36 »
I heard on this forum that planting French Marigolds between your plants can help with aphids, I bought some yesterday as a preventative for between the toms in the greenhouse - worth a go!

I had a problem last year with aphids on my chillis, peppers and toms and actually bought some ladybird larvae - they worked but if I did it again I think I'd like to create a place for them to live rather than the suggested 'put them on the plants' instructions!

xx
Getting rid of aphids...

Started by Sideways on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 12, 2009, 14:18
by peterjf
xx
Aphids!

Started by heygrow on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 06, 2019, 14:33
by Iecabus
xx
Aphids and ?

Started by jennyb on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 10, 2008, 09:18
by cawdor2001
xx
aphids

Started by hanssg on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 07, 2016, 09:04
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 39 queries.