Dog with sore ear

• 4 Replies

Eblana

Dog with sore ear
« on: December 28, 2016, 00:37 »
Archie has a really sore ear.  I have put drops in it and cleaned out all the gunk but it is still very red and he keeps shaking his ear.  I can't get him to a vet till tomorrow evening, any suggestions on what I can do in the meantime.

LILLILEAF

Re: Dog with sore ear
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 08:13 »
Hi
My Labrador gets this shaking her, use the ear drops,as you have cleaned the ear,put some more drops in,it may just be ear mites,the drops may take a bit of time to work,the drops i use are Otodex available from pet shops and farm shops,hope this is of some help,if you are very worried take Archie to the vet tomorrow.

8doubles

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:31 »
Stop phoning him when he's ironing !

I'll get my coat ! ;)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 14:26 »
Yes, penny gets that too, a lot!  If you want something just for today, have you got any lavender oil?  put a couple of drops in with a little olive oil, tip in ear and wipe around all the soreness.

Our vet said that a lot of the time, the ear mites don't get right down in the ear, but they are around where the soreness is.  Penny's inner ear has gone black where she gets the mites quite often.  Hope Archie is okay.  Sore ears are so annoying!  xxxx

Eblana

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 23:36 »
Thanks all.  I had to take Archie to the emergency vet today.  He has a very severe ear infection caused by an allergy.  He has had to have steroids, antibiotics and antibiotic drops for the ear.  It is still quite red but at least he has started on the meds and should be on the road to recovery.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 38 queries.