Does this sound familiar

• 10 Replies

Spana

Does this sound familiar
« on: December 10, 2010, 15:07 »
There are a few of us working on our houses at the minute so i'm sure this will strike a chord with most of you :)
One  end of the kitchen.  Pan of leek, potato and brick dust soup and mince and brick dust pies for lunch. :)

Other end.  Brick dust filled air as wall is knocked out ready for new window :happy:

Coming out well, just the old window to come out now. :happy:  

The builders merchants have just phoned to say the new window promised faithfully for today will not be here until Tuesday at the earliest. :ohmy:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 22:07 by Aunt Sally »

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Does this sound familiar
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 15:11 »
I think its a stroke of luck that the temperatures have increased significantly, since earlier this week!
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 15:34 »
Poor Spana. Your luck just keeps getting better and better.

Spana

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 15:51 »
I think its a stroke of luck that the temperatures have increased significantly, since earlier this week!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, i must be grateful for small mercies and at least the window is still in, just :D

The dogs think its great, just jump up , 1 step outside, do a pee and back in in no time :lol:

EddieJ

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 22:04 »
Sadly it looks very familiar! :unsure:

Spana

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 22:10 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its always the glass that holds a project up :lol:  Altho you do seem to have yours in place Eddie :lol:

Springlands

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 22:17 »
We had the builders in last week and they are due in next week as well (all to do with some storm damage from November). One day last week my OH said in a very wistful sounding voice - why are we always in a mess just before Christmas. I really had no answer to that.  ::) ::)

Hope you get sorted soon Spana and EddieJ.

greendog

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 10:23 »
once upon a time a good friend  offered to fit a new bathroon suite for us . we picked one at b and q that we were told was in stock and a few days later (and a few days before going on holiday) we went to collect, in the mean time our friend destroyed the existing fittings and gutted the bathroom. of course when we arrived at b and q  the new story was...... 'oh no someone must have made a mistake, you have to order the suite'  :ohmy:
needless to say after 2 days of 'going' in a bucket we were glad to leave our keys to our friend and jet off abroad
the moral of this story if there is one; dont let any * do anything until you've got the repacement materials!

Spana

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 13:04 »
; dont let any * do anything until you've got the repacement materials!

oh so true :blink:  That bath room job sounds horrendous greendog, were you pleased with it when it was finished :)

The good news here is the window has just arrived, the bad news is we had half inch of water in the kitchen and the room we call the sunny hut this morning.
I feel drained, wish the bl**** pipes had been :ohmy: :lol:

greendog

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 13:09 »
yes it was a lovely job when it was done. we did actually laugh about it at the time but after 2 days? lets just say the beach in cannes never looked sooo good

Thrift

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 22:23 »
I used to love renovating but was usually lucky enough not to have to live in it during proceedings. The most problems I ever had was with a new extension which was supposed to be easy!

I don't think I could face it ever again.  ::)

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 37 queries.