PPE+VAT

• 8 Replies

jezza

PPE+VAT
« on: October 21, 2020, 15:17 »
Hello  I've just been for 2 boxes of  Nitrile gloves quoted at £12 a box  asked assistant said £ 28.00 I asked how that worked out he said theres vat on them, I said PPE of any sort whether its boots,gloves, hi viz clothing is zero rated if purchased for own use  I got the gloves at £12 a box, if any one else has to buy PPE check that vats not being charged  ,jezza

mrs bouquet

Re: PPE+VAT
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 16:11 »
I ordered a face shield about 1 hour ago.  Didn't think to look at the vat.  :ohmy:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

DanielCoffey

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 07:11 »
Odd... I get charged VAT on nitrile gloves and wipes that I need to purchase as a carer but continence products are VAT free. I remember that when I queried this in the past it was because "gloves and wipes can be used for non-carer tasks so are not zero-rated for VAT". I do have to complete the VAT declaration on each order too. I may have to check it again.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 08:56 »
At present there is temporary, VAT relief on PPE products used for Covid protection (doubt this would cover boots or high-viz clothing as it seems to be fairly restricted in its coverage )
 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-zero-rating-for-personal-protective-equipment/vat-zero-rating-for-personal-protective-equipment

This ends on 30 October, but presumably it will be extended through the winter, at least..

DanielCoffey

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 10:27 »
Oh and jezza, if you are paying £12 for a box of 100 nitrile gloves you are getting taken to the cleaners! I am charged £6.60 inc vat. I advise you shop around.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 16:08 »
I have just checked on my Amazon face shield, and yes, they have charged VAT.      Mrs B

wighty

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 20:36 »
I've been wearing steel toe-capped trainers for many years and have never paid VAT on them.  I got a new pair in April this year when I came back to work in the shop.  No VAT.  We have glass and glass cutting facilities so are a legal requirement.  I had a look today and in our local Chemists boxes of gloves are £6.50.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 21:11 »
I had a look today and in our local Chemists boxes of gloves are £6.50.
It would depend on how many gloves are in the box, though. The large boxes have up to 200 inside..

jezza

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 20:34 »
Hello I got gloves in February at £4.50 for 100 pairs this lot are better quality still 100 pairs  did see some on internet at
£ 94.00+vat £112 inc vat for 500 gloves   jezza

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 43 queries.