Ask and yee shall receive

• 30 Replies

Ema

Re: Ask and yee shall receive
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 18:13 »
I have a lovely sit up and beg Raleigh bike from the tip, this one still lets you "buy" things. I asked how much he said a fiver I said ok I'll pop back with the money...and off I went!
Also had a lovely bit of 18mm ply just what I needed at the time! And an ironing board that was about to go on the scrap metal pile.
The nearest tip to my house now won't let you take anything out but I can still visit the other as its by my plot

Aled

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 09:50 »
Well a bit of success this weekend. A nice growing trough for my tomatoes, plus some nice pieces of wood to make supports for said growing trough. Some wood offcuts for kindling!
Cheers
Aled 

Beekissed

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 04:46 »
I found some premium lumber thrown out in the trash and stopped to pick it up...would have been around $50 worth if I were to buy it.  Spent 20 min. taking the screws out of it and used some of the lumber for a project and also reused the screws for the same.  In the background of this pic you can see an old wooden step ladder...it was in the same trash, not a thing wrong with it.  I'll be using it to trellis some beans and pumpkins in the garden this season. 

Aled

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 09:07 »
Brilliant! There was a chap at the recycling site last Sunday filling his car with wood pieces (his hobby was carpentry and he made all sorts out of recycled wood), apparently getting rid of wood is very difficult for the site owner, so he was quite happy for it to be taken.
I'll stick my head in the wood pile next visit!
Cheers
Aled

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 09:21 »
My DH found a perfectly good strimmer in a skip. He jokes that he had to unplug it before he took it.

Aled

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 10:03 »
Nice pile of lovely wood off cuts last week, plus the soft wood from a bed frame which will make some good kindling for the forthcoming winter.
Cheers
Aled

ARPoet

• Experienced Member
  • I love growing and eating beans
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 10:15 »
House across from me is being totally refurbished using a lot of old bricks and stone.. They had all my old bricks when i had a new wall built and my drive done and i have had 2 wooden cage pallets and builder bags so i can use them raised beds so i can grow tatties in a space unsuitable for anything else.
Our lass sighs when i pull up next to a skip and have a poke around.
Roger.

Its Grand Being Daft

Aled

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 09:36 »
Wood off cuts again from a skip last night. Plenty of tomato box supports and kindling!
Cheers
Aled

Aled

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 14:48 »
Half a dozen Smallholder magazines for a £1. That should keep me away from the TV!
Cheers
Aled

Aled

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 15:41 »
A couple of fence posts for the garden!

grinling

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 21:40 »
A neighbour brought round pre cut tree bits for the log burner in a wheelbarrow.

Aled

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 10:07 »
The recycling centre near us has closed, there is tons of wood there doing nothing, time for a visit with the boot open. (ps I know the owner and have asked so no comments about stealing!)
Cheers
Aled

Aled

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 09:54 »
I was in Cardiff last week visiting my sister. Saw 2 skips full of goodies....sadly my wife was driving and I dared not ask her to allow me to rummage and bring back the stash, we were on our way to the Urdd Eisteddfod!
You win some you lose some.
Cheers
Aled

Aled

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 09:39 »
I was at the local recycling centre today, saw some pieces of wood off cuts, asked the chap if I could take them, he said help yourself. They will be nicely cut into small pieces for kindling over the summer for winter use. 
Cheers
Aled
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 14:51 by Aled »

Aled

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 11:51 »
Saw a skip full of wood off cuts, knocked on the house door, no answer so I took a risk and put some of them in my car boot!
Cheers
Aled

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 39 queries.