Thats Better !

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Thats Better !
« on: December 16, 2018, 12:23 »
Just spent over an hour in the garden.   The garden looks better and I feel better.   Tackled a big Carex Grass that is in a large pot.  It was looking dead a few weeks ago so I left it as grass does its own thing.  After todays assessment,   I have gently pulled my hands through it from bottom to top, and all the dead stuff has come out.  Now there are a few new green bits, so I am pleased, and will check again end February.
Then I got the spring rake out and dragged it lightly across the gravel bed, and took up the coating of olive leaves that were completely covering the gravel.   It is difficult to get up the leaves and leave the gravel, but I couldn't get the leaf sucker machine out today, it is too heavy.
I feel so much better now, it really does lift the spirits.   Now its raining again.  >:(  Mrs Bouquet
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:25 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Thats Better !
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 13:41 »
Gardening really does lift your spirits, doesn't it!
I'm just back from an hour on the plot;) I took my veg peelings for the bean trench and picked some red cabbage and some Brussels, and generally pottered about. Not another soul there, but I still feel so much better for going :D

rowlandwells

Re: Thats Better !
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 15:09 »
went down the allotments yesterday never done much to wet pulled a couple of savoy cabbage then  cut  some holly and conifer up the farm for the wife to do her Christmas pots then down came the rain it was a cold rain so a sharp exit outdoors to indoors with a cup of tea to warm me up  :D

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 42 queries.