disposal when the time comes

• 20 Replies

Catsmuvva

• Experienced Member
Re: disposal when the time comes
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 12:53 »
Well I certainly wouldn't use them to bait foxes - talk about entrapment! Mind you, if word gets out that you offer a free feed then who can blame them if they start taking your live birds as well...

As it is, Erica has been buried along with the other girls I've lost over the last couple of years.

rachelr

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 13:13 »
ok just a thougt how about a viking funeral? then they would be burnt and away from your land and if you walk away quickly you wont know who ate them lol

I buried mine in the front garden an put a bush on it just to try and see if it was a good fertiliser.

If the death is not disease the the dogs get them. sad I know but life has to go on and it saves me on dog food for a day

orchardlady

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 22:06 »
For sick hens I'm afraid they go in the bin. For cockerels that are dispatched they go to a friend who takes the saddle and cape feathers for fly fishing tying, not sure what he does with the bodies, probably eats them.

8doubles

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 08:17 »
ok just a thougt how about a viking funeral? then they would be burnt and away from your land and if you walk away quickly you wont know who ate them lol

I buried mine in the front garden an put a bush on it just to try and see if it was a good fertiliser.

If the death is not disease the the dogs get them. sad I know but life has to go on and it saves me on dog food for a day

The viking burial would upset far too many anglers. The banks of big rivers like the Thames would be a mix of the Ganges and the fire fleet during the Spanish Armada. :)

The dog dinner is much more eco friendly, zero food miles, no smoke. :)

Jane-M

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 10:32 »
I bury mine deep in the compost heap. When the compost is turned we rarely find even a leg bone!! They have to be well buried though or my cats pull them about.
3 o'clock is both too early and too late to start anything - Sartre said so.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44 »
Well, we buried our Molly deep and then planted a wild flower garden over her.  The only animals that seem interested in her grave are the Wood pigeons, and truthfully, I think they're after the seeds and small sprouting plants.
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

xx
Poo disposal

Started by chooksbury on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post January 01, 2010, 23:09
by SUTTY1
xx
Disposal of hen.....

Started by cathangirl on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post February 12, 2009, 17:53
by Aunt Sally
xx
Disposal

Started by tyrone on The Hen House

43 Replies
Last post September 28, 2008, 21:48
by MontyTom
xx
Chicken disposal

Started by upert on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post April 26, 2020, 07:44
by Rsb

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 35 queries.