Car boot sales

• 14 Replies

hectic

• Experienced Member
Car boot sales
« on: June 28, 2009, 17:44 »
Ya gotta love em!

Went to my local one today, never usually have much luck but we managed to come away with the following...

3 man tent complete apart from pegs - £1
double air bed - £1.50
Portable stereo full working order - £2

All in all a rather successful mornings work! :D

janet12000

Re: Car boot sales
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 18:14 »
You can get tent pegs for erm a pound.....at the famous shop thats sells things for a pound.  :)

BobandJack

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 17:38 »
We don't have car boot sales like that round here so I'm really jealous.  People round here want to sell complete dodo at ridiculous prices, £10 for old mirrors etc. It does my head in. They would want £20 for a tent here so well done you   

hectic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:45 »
To be honest it was a surprise as its a fairly posh part of surrey so the bargains are out there!

Update on lilo lil - lasted about 10 mins before she deflated - ah well was worth a go!  :lol:

BobandJack

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 21:01 »
could you mend it with a puncture repair kit or something would that be more pricey than just buying a new lillo?

hectic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 07:07 »
Unfortunately theres no visible damage so think the rubber has perished at the seems and its slowly coming out. :(

BrianK

• Experienced Member
    • melton constable village
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:22 »
Best place I found for bargains was the weekly sale at Ascot. Very posh people selling great items for next to nothing. Picked up a brand new pink Jasper Conran junior coat for £4.00 because the little girl it was bought for said the fur (fake of course) collar made her neck itch.  Oh. She wanted £5.00 for it but I knocked her down a quid.  :D

Also  oops  wait.. theres a chicken walking through the living room brb. OK no poop to clear up.  Also got a hardly used de walt circular saw for 15 quid as the gentleman's wife bought a new one (probably argos own make  :lol: ) that came in a fancy box as she didn't like seeing all the tools lying about on shelves in the garage. Thank you very very much.
My Blog (updated 18/7/09)

Poolfield2

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 22:27 »
De Walt, my favourite, what kind of wally was she :wacko:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 09:49 »
My friend who lives oppposite is unable to have a job due to a disability -- he frequents car boot sales to buy small wooden boxes, usually in a bad state that he then renovates into items of real beauty. Once a month he sells 'em on, usually at aaround £4 - 5. Not bad as he makes sure he spends £1 or less to start with.

Doesn't pay all the bills but it sure does help and it's better than sitting on your *** all day. Can't manage an allotment sadly but grows some veg now in his garden  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Poolfield2

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 18:52 »
It's the sense of the hunt that I like, I collect Denby Manor Green from the 1950s-1970s and I love it when I find an odd plate in a charity shop or boot sale. :D

MoreWhisky

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 22:50 »
I bought a fantastic portuguese terracota mixing bowl today which has a lovely green glaze inside for £4  from my local car booty  :)

Made some lovely bread in it tonight  :) :)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

smud6ie

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 17:20 »
To be honest it was a surprise as its a fairly posh part of surrey so the bargains are out there!

Update on lilo lil - lasted about 10 mins before she deflated - ah well was worth a go!  :lol:
you must live in a different part of wales to me,around the area of Wales in which I live there are lots of really good boot sales and if you pop over the border into England there are even beter ones at Coleford and Cheltenham :happy:
smud6ie

BobandJack

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 08:21 »
Smud6ie I live in Ceredigion, about as far from the border as I can be really & Cardis (& seemingly the incomers too) are notoriously tight I'm afraid, hence the poor quality  & silly prices.  The only really big one hereabouts is down in Carmarthen which is a bit of a jaunt from here, at least a 3 hour round trip, so any bargains I find are probably outweighed by the amount of diesel it takes to get there  :(

funstuie

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 21:42 »
The local car boot sale near me (Selhurst park) is rubbish. It just folk selling complete dodo (I am pretty sure I saw a few people selling underwear - that didn't look new) and asking too much for it.

I went along hoping to find some tools or garden equipment but there was nothing.

Parsnip

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 12:57 »
I did my first ever car boot yesterday....it was pretty quiet becuse they'd had one on Sunday too which apparently was packed ::) i still made £77 though... :D

xx
Don't go to the sales

Started by Christine on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post January 18, 2009, 08:17
by Christine
xx
The Sales

Started by sweet nasturtium on Frugal Living

26 Replies
Last post December 28, 2007, 19:18
by sweet nasturtium
xx
Seed sales are a coming!

Started by New shoot on Frugal Living

32 Replies
Last post July 18, 2015, 07:41
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 32 queries.