Attempted justification...

• 17 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Attempted justification...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 10:36 »
I think the Co ops own brand cakes and biscuits only use free range, it may be worth having a look .....

greenun

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 10:37 »
I was doing a job at one of these "freerange sheds"
A woman came in and ground their beaks down on an electric grindstone.
Rose-acre eh? Sounds like a***- acre to me.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 11:30 »
Also M&S I would have thought, but not somewhere everyone can go to for their grocery shop  ;) I tend to make my own now, but must admit T*sco and A*da who have such huge market shares have very little "ethical" choice.

My local Asda doesn't even stock any free range or organic chicken - I asked why and they said they needed the space for the halal range and couldn't I buy from that  :blink: :wacko: I tried to explain that halal is the butchering/culling method and not the way in which they are reared but they just stared at me blankly. I did fill in a customer complaint form about it though as there was someone else at the same time as me looking for free range chicken who ended up with the 2 for £5 deal as a result - I just refused to buy anything at all instead!

As for Rose-acre  :tongue2: :tongue2: >:( :tongue2: :tongue2: Even with the huge push against these farming methods in the UK places such as the US seem to have far less concern about these methods which is a shame for a country with such power  :(

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 40 queries.