lager,bottle or keg

• 1 Replies

rubixs

• my son lewis
lager,bottle or keg
« on: January 10, 2010, 20:37 »
when i done my last keg of lager (mutons gold pilsner) about 8 weeks b4 Christmas.
reading the instructions that came with the kit it highley recommends to bottle for a more carbonated drink.
but when i've done it in bottles b4 i found that when u open a bottle the carbon starts fizzing & then upsets the sediment resulting in a cloudy drink.
is there anyway of bottling lager with out getting sediments.

i mean can i bottle my lager that i've done in the keg now.
it is as clear as a pint u'd get in a pub but not got much gas (carbonated).

i'd like to do my next kit in bottles but dont like the thought of the sediments has any 1 got any tips on how to keep the sediments to a mininum & how not to disturb them.
up the villa

Swing Swang

Re: lager,bottle or keg
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 20:53 »
Don't agitate your bottle at all before opening it, keep it as cold as possible, keep it upright for longer before opening it, brew in such a way so as to leave a minimal quantity of yeast in the bottle - there really is plenty of active yeast in clear lager (rack before bottling), use an appropriate yeast (speak to your homebrew shop - some strains of yeast are far better at leaving a dense sediment than others, and it might be that the best thing you can do is to throw away the yeast that comes with the kit and use something else - either that or culture a strain of yeast from a bottle conditioned lager of the type that you're trying to brew.

Finally you could always invest in some pewter tankards - won't make the brew any clearer, but you won't see how turbid it is either.

SS

xx
lager brewing...

Started by steve chip on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post October 18, 2010, 23:48
by steve chip
question
fermenting lager...

Started by steve chip on Homebrew

1 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 13:35
by rubixs
xx
lager bottles

Started by wayne170534 on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post May 10, 2011, 17:35
by Runwell-Steve
xx
brewmaker lager kit

Started by new_2_veg on Homebrew

5 Replies
Last post July 15, 2007, 18:20
by seadart

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 38 queries.