Poo!

• 4 Replies

SurreyLass

• Experienced Member
Poo!
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:51 »
The girls moved into their lovely new run extension 5.30pm Saturday - very excited they were too!

Anyway, poo was fine yesterday, and all fine in the house when I cleaned out yesterday morning too (why do I think its a good Sunday morning job???!!!). They pillaged the grass in the new run yesterday, and also had some brocolli, which they seem to go bonkers for.

This morning they were up and about the milli-second I opened the door, giving me their lovely gently rosey as they rushed out! Just gone out to find (a) the new full pot of grit is all over the place AGAIN (see other post!) and (b) 4 big clumps of yucky looking poo in the run - they are fine and dandy I think, just like every other morning - is this just the consequence of the pillaging of the grass and the brocolli??? They had some more brocolli to have today - should I hold off??

Thank you oh wise chicken people!

Casey76

Re: Poo!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:00 »
"Breakfast poos" i.e. the first poo of the day out of the coop, are always large and noxious... a bit like a broody poo, except much smaller!

SurreyLass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:04 »
This is a bit greeny and sludgy looking on top!!! Eeewwwww!

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:06 »
Yucky & HUGE the first one in the morning - where does it all come from!!

Their poo does reflect their diet as it does in other species (even our own - think curry.....) and is not normally a problem.

When you are not about to eat, check out the "Poo Piccies" in the Poultry FAQ section.  There's a wide variety of normal.
ManicMum

Houndsman

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:48 »
Hi Manicmum
I would like to join your posting on this also.
As this Sat I picked up my first cluckers (RIR & Speckledy Blue) within two hours of owning them they layed eggs and on Sunday - most amusing!
However they both seemed to have normal poos except by late Sunday PM the blue started and is still having very watery poo.
I had a concern of a bush I have in my garden of which Ive no idea what it is except it has green leaves all year with red berries again all year and birds are certainly not interested in it.
Though the blue on its first day day out did make a bee line for the bush, so Im probably going to cut the whole thing down now.

Also would anyone know when is the best time to start dusting them with redmite powder and worming treatment - by accounts they are both vaccinated and wormed so should I wait for the time being?

Thanks all

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 33 queries.