How can i vaccinate my chicks ?

• 3 Replies

dchubbuk

How can i vaccinate my chicks ?
« on: July 01, 2013, 23:21 »
I've lost 4 bantums i bred last year only have one left BUT ive also lost 2 bantums i bought two years ago from another breeder when they were pol . i've also lost 4 black rocks in the last year we found her on her back a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stand and we left her somewhere quiet but she just died on us she was 7 years old was still laying and WAS vaccinated when she was pol so i'm at a loss as to why it dosen't sound like any chicken disease but i was wondering if there WAS something new or old out there that can be causing this we have moved ALL the hens on a rotation in a circle left hand side of my garden then the top of my garden then the right of my garden and now the left side of my garden for now so can't be in the ground i'm at a loss ????

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: How can i vaccinate my chicks ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:36 »
As you dont know what is killing your birds you dont know if it is something that vaccinating could have stopped.
Have you checked your coops for red mites - these can kill birds over a period of time.
Also how often are you worming them and what with?
What are their symptoms and have you taken one of the ill ones to a vets?
To lose that many in such a short space of time I would take an ill one and get the vets to put her to sleep and carry out an autopsy including getting tests carried out on her bloods etc.
Vaccinations start at day old and come in very large batches of 500 - 1000 so most of us don't vaccinate.
Staffies are softer than you think.

dchubbuk

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 13:02 »
no red mites for the first time this year ! vets here are useless and wont due an autopsy ive asked .but i buy my feed with flubenvet already in it i've already done it in march will do again later in the year. i have put apple cider vinegar in their water once or twice a week .there are NO symptoms really they go a bit quite during the day and are dead a few hours later but hens do have a off day if they were off for more than a day i put them in a crate and bring them into the house to be watched just to see if there's any signs of sickness

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 13:55 »
I worm mine 3 to 4 times a year to be on the safe side.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
vaccinate my chicks,,,, please help

Started by wells101 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 28, 2012, 22:56
by GrannieAnnie
xx
3rd time lucky - I hatched some eggs/chicks. Should I vaccinate?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 06, 2012, 22:32
by nuzuki
xx
Am I supposed to vaccinate my birds??

Started by Chookster on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 20, 2009, 18:40
by karlooben
xx
Help needed with new chicks and about to hatch chicks

Started by jim_148 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 18:08
by jim_148

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 39 queries.