flubenvet

• 20 Replies

Ben_H

• Experienced Member
Re: flubenvet
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 21:41 »
To be honest I'm undecided. I've seen similar claims for the benefits of both ACV and garlic in the water. My birds seem to prefer the garlic water to the ACV and I feel I'm wasting it. That may be down to the garlic water being in an old washing up bowl that that prefer to the drinker style the ACV is in. The garlic is also a lot cheaper as I've been growing it on the allotment and I am on an economy drive.

I may see if I can persuade my neighbour who uses ACV with her girls to take it and the 5kg of marriages flubenvet I'm going to have left in a weeks time and give me a bit of cash for them

hillfooter

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 05:17 »
I use it for both me and my hens - if you like to use it keep on doing so, just because HF doesn't use it doesn't mean to say nobody should  ;)
I also use garlic and poultry spice for my birds and bake and crush egg shells for them  :tongue2:

I think that's what I said.  Use it if you have some specific need in mind and it appears to work but don't use it if you don't or it doesn't appear to be effective.  Don't use it just because someone has told you to use it.

You have to use all these ingredients in your potions to make your spells work,

HF
Truth through science.

alisonwo

• Experienced Member
  • Hubby with browny his favourite
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 09:05 »
I also use ACV, garlic and poultry spice, plus seaweeed and cod liver oil.  I think they are healthier than me!

JACDORE

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 17:39 »
started them off on it today  :) and all was eaten up.  We use mash and pellets as most of the batts because of having their beaks trimmed prior cant pick stuff up (Bless there likkle cotton sockies).  Pellets in the feeder and mash in bowls.  So it went in their mash and as i say all eaten as if normal. 
2 rottys 4 cats, 2 gecko's, 2 beardies, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 1 rabbit, 12 various fish, 6 hens, 1 hubby, (lol)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 06:39 »
I would treat the pellets as well Jacdore  ;)  They need to be eating medicated feed for a week for effective worming so giving unmedicated feed at the same time will dilute the dose  :)

hillfooter

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 18:51 »
started them off on it today  :) and all was eaten up.  We use mash and pellets as most of the batts because of having their beaks trimmed prior cant pick stuff up (Bless there likkle cotton sockies).  Pellets in the feeder and mash in bowls.  So it went in their mash and as i say all eaten as if normal. 

I agree with Newshoot this is a poor regime.  Even if you feed the correct daily dose for the sum total of chickens you don't know if one preferes mash to pellets and therefore gets all the wormer.  You must feed a homogenious (consistent mix) feed which is uniformly medicated so there can be NO selection effects.  This method used here will not guarentee that.  see my earlier post to understand why.

HF

xx
Flubenvet??

Started by avilla on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 06:28
by joyfull
xx
Flubenvet

Started by Hayley'sHens on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 03, 2010, 18:02
by ehs284
xx
Flubenvet

Started by splash101 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post October 05, 2012, 16:49
by splash101
xx
Flubenvet 1%

Started by colliebird on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post December 10, 2008, 18:54
by azubah

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 40 queries.