tiny eggs

• 5 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
tiny eggs
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:36 »
Im still having problems with i think 2 of my chickens,  its hard to pinpoint exactely who is and who isnt laying due to the eggs being the same,   Wot i have been getting is very very small eggs in the nest box,  im sure my barnie is the only one that is giving me a proper egg a day,  wot causes them to lay tiny eggs.   I think its time i got myself two new girlies :D,   nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: tiny eggs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 09:38 »
what breeds are they and how old are they Nicky?

Knew you would want some more before long  ;) :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 10:38 »
thankys for replying joy,  do you remeber i posted a while back now about my amber star not well and it turned out to be a softie in her, well its either her or my speckldy that came from the same god alwful breeder(im getting annoyed about the whole situation now with regards to him) its not my girlies fault.   He told me they were last yrs birds(towards the end of the yr) im just thinking they are way older than wot he told me.    Ive hardly had any good eggs from the two of them atall compared to my barnie.   Just wanted to know why they lay such tiny eggs.   nickyx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54 »
mine only lay tiny ones when they come into lay or after having not laid for a while due to being broody or moulting. However they do soon get back into the swing of things and lay normal size for them  :)

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53 »
hmmmm i dont know, none of them have been broody or have moulted,   thanks anyway joy will just have to let them get on with it.  nickyx

kzaba

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 12:44 »
I was just about to post a question about small eggs when I saw your post. my three ex bats have been laying well one each one a day. One day we even got four eggs!
However yesterday it was just one and to day it was tw,,o but one was very small and the shell is rough.
Is it just the hot weather or is it possible one is about to start layibg soft eggs? We nealry lost a hen to that when they first arrived, like you I am keen to know if i should worry or if  it just one of those things so I hope you don't mind me tagging on to your question.

xx
Tiny eggs

Started by Tattieman69 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post April 07, 2010, 17:46
by North Devon Dumpling
xx
Tiny eggs

Started by Highfield on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 29, 2009, 13:40
by too many girls
xx
Tiny "fairy" eggs?

Started by sheridan on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 13, 2011, 21:11
by CluckyChicken
xx
What a tiny egg!

Started by violet on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 22, 2008, 21:37
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 36 queries.