I'm new and in need!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 19:37 »
Quote from: "Plot No 2"
Correction, its only one IBC.

Very good!  :D

Jo

I'm new and in need!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 19:39 »
Well, Noshed, I think your council must be a darn sight more generous than ours! Last year we had our wheely bin pinched (I kid you not!) And the contents of the aforementioned strewn all over the playing fields near our house, which we then had to go and pick up <sigh>. When I asked the council for a new bin, they wanted to charge me £50!!!!! Amazingly, (and with my ACME 'bin radar') we managed to locate our poor bin several streets away and we now chain and padlock it to the garage door!

Enquiring minds need to know, what happened to the butt on your greenhouse then? Did it suffer the same fate as our bin? :(

How much is the hosepipe in the 99p shop? (only kidding!). My friend enjoys nothing more than annoying the hell out of the assistant in our local one, by asking how much everything is!

Fab piccie, Plot No 2. It is, as you said, 'a brilliant idea'!

STOP PRESS: It would seem that a friend's mum has 'a couple of butts she's been wanting to get rid of for ages'. So RESULT :D (for the moment!). But I figure you can never have too many butts. So my search continues ...

noshed

I'm new and in need!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 23:01 »
The butt is fine it's just the greenhouse that's on its side... But it will live again, if it's reasonable weather over the weekend.
The council give us broken wheely bins - no wheels, no lids etc but they are brilliant as butts. All councils must have these and it seems such an obvious use. I now have 3 on my plot, plus a B&Q one - about 1,000 litres. And I'm going for the siphon plan.
It'll probably be a wet summer now.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 39 queries.