Smug

• 8 Replies

8doubles

Smug
« on: December 17, 2010, 17:05 »
Smug,smug,smug and slightly tipsy. I saved a dozen .330 ltr bottles of elderflower champagne and whilst out filling the log basket remembered them.
I tried a bottle at shed temperature it was crisp, dry and held the bubbles very well, worthy of the champagne name.
Suprisingly strong too ! :D

What is your best homemade tipple so far this year?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Smug
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 19:18 »
So far this year, my tastiest was the blackcurrant and apple!  But years ago, my best ever one was rice wine!!! phew!!!

ecky

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 23:28 »
I once made a Rice and Sultana wine. Forgot about it. Tried it two years later and yes WOW :ohmy: ;) it was a lovely golden colour- just like whisky.I haven't made wine for 10 years or more till this year. I have 2 beetroot that are going to be left at least 12 months, and 4 Plum got from my daughters garden. Racked of for the last time about 2 months ago and it tasted good then cept a bit young,will try again next week and hoping :)

mike1987

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 09:57 »
So far this year, my tastiest was the blackcurrant and apple!  But years ago, my best ever one was rice wine!!! phew!!!
ive got rice and rasin on the go only problem is getting it to clear how long does it take and do i need to add anything to it

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 14:52 »
Plum - good,  Crabapple - very good,  Elderberry - acceptable,  Sloe - not ready to drink yet, Greengage - very nice but not enough, (mental note for next year), Damson - very very nice but seem to have a cloudy problem in some bottles but not others,  Methalglyn - still maturing,  Bramble - excelent.   Sloe Gin and Apricot brandy both awfully drinkeable.......Cheers,    :wacko: Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

troutrunner

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:01 »
By far the best is my elderberry followed by the sloe, still waiting on the others.

Most of the elderberry I must try and keep for next year, it is hard, the goosebery and blackcurrant were both good and now sadly gone, the temptation ::)is to great.

To counteract the anomaly of the disappearing alcohol I have started making Turbo Cider but with a difference. 5 days to make and few more to wait but within 2 weeks its OK, a little cloudy but OK. :)
Paul

Necessity is the mother of invention

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 11:08 »
Made nettle wine this year, our first ever attempt at any wine. Opened a bottle for new year. Really nice, slightly sparkling, looking forward to the other bottles now :)
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

Silkworm

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 22:16 »
Dont drink any of my wines for at least 2 years, gives them time to clear and mature, have only made Muscat and bramble wine this year, best wine from five year ago is bramble best from 2 year ago Muscat with malolactic fermentation. yummy only one bottle left.

Silky  :D :D :D
Talking to yourself maybe MAD, but at least I know what I mean.
You never stop learning.

otis pony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 15:24 »
Elderflower, gooseberry and grape, reducrrant, blackcurrant, damson vodka (better than damson gin, although I still make the odd litre of that!!).  Wouldn't bother with rhubarb again.  Got carrot on the go at the moment, and am fementing a gallon of Polish cherry and apple juice (80p for two litres).  But the best tasting are the ones that have cost nothing to make!!
...............happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.................

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.