Planned Electricity Maintainance

• 2 Replies

Thingy

• Experienced Member
  • Budding Animal Behaviourist :)
Planned Electricity Maintainance
« on: August 31, 2010, 18:14 »
Its almost time for my last incubation of the year, as I shall be returning to uni shortly. I have people intrested in homing my little chicks and I am looking to get some chocolate orpington eggs (I have sourced some :) )

BUT!! News came through today of a Planned Electricity turn off for maintainence...on what will be day 8 - 15 of the hatch (Depending on when the other little beggers decide to get a move on and hatch)

The electricity will be off between approximatly 8.30 to 16.30. Obviously my incy is electronic so therefore will be turned off. What can I do :(. We are not allowed to use Generators. The only thing I can think of doing is moving my eggs to a friends incubator for the day, but I am not sure if they are going to be using it :(

Has anyone else ever had this problem :(
When the wolf lays with the lamb, I fear for us all

Sassy

Re: Planned Electricity Maintainance
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 19:07 »
I do not know what the repercussions might be but can you not move your incubator to your friends. If it is not far away and you pack the eggs to stop them rolling about and cover the incubator in a blanket it probably would be no worse than the mother hen getting off the nest to go to the loo and feed.
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

ehs284

Re: Planned Electricity Maintainance
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 19:56 »
Can you beg, borrow or buy an inverter? The power for an incubator is low (if in a warm place to begin with) so a car battery plus inverter should see you through. Alternatively heat to about 40C a number of bricks in the oven and when the power goes off put them near the incubator and cover all with a duvet.

xx
Things never quite turn out as planned

Started by ness on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post May 13, 2008, 11:45
by Jellyhead
xx
Rescue planned in Brighton

Started by Kym503 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post June 20, 2008, 10:22
by Kym503
xx
Planned Electric Fence

Started by Markw on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 21, 2012, 07:59
by Markw

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 38 queries.