Landmaster LVNX?

• 13 Replies

Oliver70rc

Landmaster LVNX?
« on: November 03, 2010, 15:34 »
Hi Their
Glad to meet you all as it is the first post on this site and I wonder if you can help.
I have just inherited a Landmaster Rotavator, It is a bit poorly but I have got it up and running, I am trying to ascertain what model it is. It has LVNX or LYNX on the model type on the silver plate. It has two Rough Terrain driven wheels at the Front, and a the handles come around to a single shaft and can be moved up or down or turned around for storage by pulling a leaver under the centre of the handles, It is a compact machine, with laminated ballast weights bolted on underneath it and a large long white belt cover, with Landmaster on it. It has a Briggs and Stratton 3 hp.
 Any help gratefully received.

dorimower

• Experienced Member
Re: Landmaster LVNX?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 08:42 »
Hello,
  I've just had a look in "Seventy years of Garden Machinery"...by Brian Bell...and I see that there was a Landmaster Lynx.  It lists it as a 5hp self propelled rotary cultivator with forward and reverse gears and an 18 inch wide rear tiller rotor...said to be late 1970s
I have not come across this machine before and it would be good if you could post up a photo.
I wonder if it was Landmasters own designed machine as around then some badging was happening...I believe one rotary mower that they sold at that time was actually an Australian Rover Scott Bonner mower badged  Landmaster...

Clive.

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22 »
Dori,
I seem to remember working on a landmaster mower years back, that had a roller on the front and the rear. It was perfect for mowing right up to the edge of lawns.
I can't think why that design is no longer used. ???

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 13:59 »
Hello Gwiz,
    I reckoned it was a good idea too...although I once had to do something to the height adjuster on the later self propelled one..Sovereign? and seem to recall that it was a finger trapping...........
I suspect the idea was ok when lawns were lawns and kept trimmed short... The design would perhaps not be so effective on longer wet grass...

It will be intersting to find out if the tiller mentioned is a badged or actual Landmaster...i just like to know these things. :blush:...a throw back to my machinery days when half the challenge in finding info/spares was discovering who really made it....

Clive.

Oliver70rc

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 17:33 »
Thanks Dorimower
I thought I was going nuts as I could not find anything about it on the web. I will take a photo of it tomorrow in day light. It does seem very simmiler to a Farrari Rotavator with a Diesel engine on it, it is the same green as well. It has the same type of handle adjustments on it, I will see if I can get some serial numbers off it as well. Thanks to you all.

Oliver70rc

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 14:20 »
Hello again
I have attatched a small picture of the Lynx, It did have a 5hp b&s engine not a 3, any information on it gteatly recieved, espeshaly what model engine as I can not find any marking or serial number.

Regards
Side Small.JPG

Gwiz

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 16:36 »
You should find the model, type and serial number of the Briggs engine stamped into the metal of the engine cowling, either up by the spark plug, or on the side nearer to the recoil starter.

Oliver70rc

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 17:13 »
Thanks Gwiz, I will go and have a look

Regards

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 18:01 »
....or on the flat side of the starter cowling that faces the air filter. ;)..numbers are stamped into the tinwork...Model, Type, Code.

Thank you for posting up the photo.

Clive.

Oliver70rc

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 18:06 »
Thanks Dorimower,
 I have a lot of better photos but could not pm you as I don't have 10 entries on the site yet, if you want to contact me I will send them to you.

Regards

Oliver70rc

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 19:54 »
Thanks to you all,  it was built around 1978, according to the engine, I still can not find any information at all anywhere on the web as to anything about it ? Hopefully this picture migt help
Side uncovered small.JPG

upinsmoke

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 10:34 »
Hi i now have one of these machines but have been unable to find any information on the company that made them or find a manuel for it.
    It handled a large plot of heavy clay pasture land that is to be my veg plot.

smud6ie

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 12:49 »
Anything to help on this page?
http://www.allotment-garden.org/shop/rotavator-manuals
smud6ie

upinsmoke

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 09:14 »
Thank you Smud6,had already seen that ,there are few landmasters in the list but sadly not the lynx.
                   I also have a post on the vintage garden machinery forum but no luck yet with the information

xx
landmaster cub

Started by ianhatley on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 16, 2014, 20:01
by sten
xx
Landmaster 100

Started by Baz on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 21:25
by Celery
xx
landmaster 85

Started by derekmac on Equipment Shed

20 Replies
Last post February 23, 2009, 18:27
by dmac
question
Landmaster 85

Started by daddychubby on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post January 29, 2020, 07:17
by jezza

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 36 queries.