Flymo DM rotavator advice needed.

• 50 Replies

samg

thankyou!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 13:47 »
well what can i say we found this site through google and u have answered all our questions and ones we will have to ask when the other ones dont work lol, thanks loads for this we will go to the welcome forum and say hi as soon as we have stopped running around like headless chickens trying to start our new flymo cultivator before the kids come home! thanks again! and if the flymo pulls like you say then perhaps i could use it to go to work? lol

Gwiz

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 14:07 »
hello to you samg, i hope your cultivator ends up working fine! :D

tom-bex

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 13:15 »
Hi, just found this topic through google search as well. Very useful. I would also very much like a copy of the manual for a Flymo DM Rotovator that I just picked up from our local tip! Got the engine to run but think I may need new drive belt and clutch cable. Also have no idea how its meant to be used!!!

Hope you can help us.

Tom & Bex

Gwiz

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 16:45 »
and a hello to you too. :D

silverback

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 16:22 »
Hi everyone sorry to bust in.
I just caught the thread re a DM manual.  I have been trying to locate a manual for ages even contacted flymo who tried to help but it seems all is lost in the mists of time. If there is a copy some where I would be greatfull
for a looksee if possible.
This is my first posting but I was so pleased to SEE common sence I thought give it a go.

RORO

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 20:11 »
Google is wonderful, have been looking for info since I bought one of these machines a month ago and snapped the belt. I now have the info thanks.  Any chance of getting a copy of the instrucion book would be a great help. :lol:

davidhunter

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 19:01 »
pm me your email address and I will send you a copy.

David

si-mate

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 15:28 »
Hi guys,

Thanks David for the DM manual you sent me last week BTW.

I bought a DM off ebay last weekend and when I got it home it started fine, but did as soon as it was put under any load. I fiddled with the needle and now it won't start at all. When I took the air cleaner off and put my hand over the carb (as suggested above) I can't feel any fuel and the carb is as dry as a bone.
The one strange thing about the machine is that there is silicone sealant around the join between the carb and the fuel tank.

Gwiz

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 15:36 »
sounds like the pick up filter inside the tank is blocked/ dirty. its gonna have to come apart.

si-mate

• Experienced Member
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 15:39 »
Wow speedy reply!

Is it difficult to take it apart?

si-mate

• Experienced Member
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 19:23 »
Sorry me again!

I took the tank off and gwiz you were spot on - the petrol in it was a browny colour and there were lots of solids in there. I've cleaned it right out and made a new gaskit. It still wouldn't start so I replaced the plug and now it starts fairly easily but hunts continually.
How can I get it running smoothly?

Gwiz

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 05:41 »
on the briggs engine, hunting is always a sign that its not getting enough fuel, or too much air. have a look at the manifold gasket where the carb bolts up to the engine, failing that, you are going to have to take it apart and buy some carb cleaner to spray into all the holes and so on in the carb..does your carb have a rectangular plate on the side of it? if so it has a diagphram behind it which has got too baggy to work as it should. you also should have a mixture screw on the side of the carb body.wind it in GENTLY, untill you feel a bit of resistance, counting how many turns it took. now you know where it should be set to when you take it out and blow carb cleaner down the hole thats left.
after all that, it should be reassemble and GO!
keep us posted. :D

si-mate

• Experienced Member
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 09:21 »
Thanks for that. I'll get the diaphragm orders from briggsparts (unless you know somewhere better) and I might aswell order a new fuel pickup and give it a go next weekend.

si-mate

• Experienced Member
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 15:05 »
Micro update for you:

I took the carb off on Sunday and used about half a can of carb cleaner on it  :oops:

The diaphragm looked like it had seen better days so I've ordered that and some new fuel pipes from briggsbits. When they arrive I'll get it all back together again and cross my fingers, toes and all other extremities that it starts.

si-mate

• Experienced Member
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2007, 20:09 »
Back together this evening after the bits arrived today. Unfortunately still not running.

I'm thinking it might be the plug. I bought a new one from homebase when I first got the machine. I can't think of the part number but it said it replaced CJ8. When I take it out and rest it on the head and pull the cord there is no spark. When I put a screwdriver through the HT lead and put the blade near the head I get a good spark.
The plug is pretty black (caused by the rough running previously?), which I have cleaned off, but still no spark / firing.

xx
Advice Needed On Rotavator

Started by Blister Bob on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post October 09, 2016, 23:52
by Blister Bob
xx
Christmas Present Rotavator advice needed

Started by alisonwo on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post October 16, 2009, 10:01
by Alby
xx
Flymo DM rotavator

Started by stever14 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2010, 05:38
by Gwiz
xx
Flymo Rotavator accessiories

Started by Lotti Digger on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post October 12, 2010, 08:28
by taterfork

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 35 queries.