Recommendations needed for a good hose.

• 4 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

Recommendations needed for a good hose.
« on: March 28, 2009, 15:06 »
My hose has died after just over a year of use mainly filling the duck pond once a week. Didn't seem to last very long or is this what I should expect. It's a hozelock one I think and is kept outside and it seems like the plastic has steadily hardened and degraded and is now kinked and therefore blocks despite being kept on its reel.

Any recommendations for a good hose that doesn't kink easily and lasts longer than a year.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

celjaci

• Experienced Member
  • celjaci = Bosnian peasant!
Re: Recommendations needed for a good hose.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 15:22 »
Tricoflex is the one you want. used by the professionals, built of three layers, long lasting and kink resistant.
Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order!

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 16:45 »
The one suggested sounds worthwhile. Its worth spending money on a good hose as they'll last longer than an equivalent amount of cheaper hoses and they'll rarely kink. The 'washing out' suggests the hose sits in full sun, so to prolong hose life, if possible try to roll it up and sit it in the shade or partly bury it under some mulch and it will last even longer.

scot-canuck

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 18:52 »
gardena do a hose called "premium skintech" which is MEANT to be kink proof and has a 20 year guarantee on it, not sure of the exact guarantee details though as have been off work for a week or 2.
not cheap at 45 quid for 30metres of 1/2" hose, or 59 quid for  50 metres of same, though if it lasts as long as they say the investment could be worth it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 18:56 by scot-canuck »

Bombers

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 22:55 »
gardena do a hose called "premium skintech" which is MEANT to be kink proof and has a 20 year guarantee on it, not sure of the exact guarantee details though as have been off work for a week or 2.
not cheap at 45 quid for 30metres of 1/2" hose, or 59 quid for  50 metres of same, though if it lasts as long as they say the investment could be worth it.
That's what I've got. Had it a couple of years now. Must admit, I do reel it in when not in use, and it goes away for the winter.Delighted with the dispenser/reel thingy. :)
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

xx
Hose pipe recommendations please

Started by ghost61 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post June 08, 2016, 11:20
by AlaninCarlisle
xx
Recommendations for a good cold frame.

Started by Goosegirl on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post April 11, 2024, 09:39
by Goosegirl
xx
Needing a good watering can or watering can rose. Any recommendations?

Started by timdunn on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2020, 10:37
by Yorkie
xx
Hose connection

Started by Lavender Lass on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 29, 2018, 11:49
by jezza

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 31 queries.