It's a good idea to wear eye protection when using a brushcutter.

• 3 Replies

oakridge

My old 25cc Honda brushcutter died of over work so I have upgraded to the 35cc model. It took about a month to accept that the condition of the old one was terminal so the spare land of about a half acre had grown above my head.  This was a combination of bracken, brambles, ragwort, sticky buds (horsetail?) and nettles.  The photograph is after using the line bobbin, but this used up the line at a high rate of nots.  This morning a changed over to the blade which swept through the urgent part of the job and did not throw debris at me quite as much.  It is not a good idea to have anyone nearby when using the blade though.
20160716_110114.jpg

jezza

hi i dont think sticky buds is horsetailsits probably goosegrass (cleavers) different regions have different names for plants in my part of Yorkshire we call sticky buds wood avens   try Nylsaw line revenge on weeds  jezza

grinling

Farmer trimmed the verges for the 1st time yesterday after having a tree cut down. 2 bits flew about 20m to hit my son's bedroom window

oakridge

A friend of mine used to cut hedges on contract and one day someone actually walked between the tractor and vertical cutter bar with bits flying all over the place.  The chap had the error of his ways clearly explained to him.

xx
Brushcutter

Started by TheSpartacat on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post May 13, 2013, 00:15
by jezza
xx
petrol brushcutter

Started by Philby on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2013, 00:29
by jezza
xx
Looking for a new lawnmower or brushcutter

Started by Dominic on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 31, 2011, 11:27
by Dominic
xx
Strimmer/ brushcutter

Started by Bertie Button on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post September 05, 2021, 19:20
by jezza

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 35 queries.