building instructions for 8x6 crittall greenhouse

• 7 Replies

petergc

please help Im in need of instructions to build crittall 8x6 greenhouse can any one give me how to obtain

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: building instructions for 8x6 crittall greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 13:57 »
No instructions, but a few pics of the corner plates and finished greenhouse in this thread, if it helps.
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=111679.msg1278563#msg1278563

Dai

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 07:44 »
Ive not long built one myself, i could take some pics for you if you want?

Gaz77

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 16:06 »
Hi there, hoping somebody might be able to help me out with a similar query. My parents acquired an 8x14 Crittall greenhouse some time ago and over the last few months, my Dad's been able to construct the majority of it without the benefit of any assembly instructions. However, we've been stumped on the last stage of installing the doors, which we can figure out how to fit as they seem slightly too tall (~1/2") to sit on the lower rail when mounted. We're not sure if we're missing a part or something has been put in the wrong place, but everything else looks correct as far as I can tell. If anyone could share instructions or photos illustrating the correct arrangement of the relevant parts at the door gable end (doors, rail, vertical supports, etc), I'd be deeply grateful.
IMG_3894.JPG

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 19:16 »
No instructions, but a few pics of the corner plates and finished greenhouse in this thread, if it helps.
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=111679.msg1278563#msg1278563

That feels so long ago now !

However, we've been stumped on the last stage of installing the doors, which we can figure out how to fit as they seem slightly too tall (~1/2") to sit on the lower rail when mounted.

It looks like the bottom rail is the wrong way round (or swapped with the top). It's too dark tonight but I'll grab some pictures for you tomorrow. If you check my first picture in the thread MoS posted there's a picture of how the corner should look.

Gaz77

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 21:40 »
Hi, lardman. Looking at the link you posted, I think you've hit the nail bang on the head. We do seem to have put the rail in upside-down, when compared to that photo. Will try reversing it in the morning and let you know how we get on. Thanks so much!

Lardman

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 11:27 »
Here are a few better picture.

You can see the door 'sits' on the shoulder with lip in the bottom track (mine doesn't actually touch the bottom).

Looking at your picture again it doesn't look like the right profile for the bottom track.   Yes it does - ignore me.
gh_door_track_left_corner.jpg
gh_door_track_door.jpg
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:14 by Lardman »

Gaz77

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 18:23 »
Appreciated the pics, they served to confirm your theory was correct. We reversed the rail and sure enough (despite Dad's initial skepticism 😆), we were able to get the doors fitted correctly.

Can't tell you how long he'd been pulling his hair out trying to figure out that last issue, a massive thank you from both of us! Cheers to you, sir! 🍻

xx
crittall greenhouse

Started by jack russell on Equipment Shed

24 Replies
Last post September 11, 2008, 21:14
by jack russell
xx
My Crittall greenhouse

Started by IanYORK on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 23, 2010, 19:50
by IanYORK
xx
greenhouse instructions

Started by adal on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post August 20, 2010, 19:03
by TJ63
xx
Eltex greenhouse heater instructions

Started by Goosegirl on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post March 08, 2009, 16:47
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 36 queries.