Japanese plough Nippon

• 24 Replies

North

Japanese plough Nippon
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:14 »
Hi. I wonder if somebody know the size of the triangular share on japanese Plough for 3,5hp tiller...How to measure it...I have a Honda f400 tiller with homebuilt japanese Plough , size i have on the triangular share is 20cm + 20cm. On a ordinary moldboard Plough you can measure the size in tum,but how to measure japanese Plough ?  :)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:03 by North »

Kleftiwallah

Re: Japanese plough Nippon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:54 »

First question, why do you need to know?! If it's to replace the share, I should take it to a steel fabricator and ask a price.  It may be cheaper than getting one from the manufatcurers.

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

North

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 14:48 »
 :) ..I Think it is a interesting question.. if you se a old one so you know it will fit your machine the size can vary...they are not cheap so you dont want to buy wrong plough... My plow works with honda f400 and wheelweigts 16kg on each Wheel...

North

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 00:42 »
 :) ...Find something here that can be useful , there are some measurement.

http://www.niplo.co.jp/en/products/rp_tiller.html

North

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 14:19 »
 :) Find more about measuring japanese Plough...Just measuring the triangular blade and Dividing it with 2,54 cm(one inch) In my case the Plough is 8 inch...Sounds logical..  8)

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 21:22 »
Did you make the plough? Nice job done. And you have big wheels on your F 400 were they standard? No idea what size the shear should be but I have seen the 400 ploughing on you tube.
always have a target
and an objective.

North

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 11:56 »
 :) Yes i made the Plough. I use 400+8 Wheels , easier to load bigger Wheels with weights ,Frenchmen also use 500+10 with Heavy weights to get god traction...Also need some differential so its easy to turn the machine at rows ends...Standard is that i Think 3.50 + 4 for use between rows. Machine should have low gears so its not run to fast. Here is an old Honda Movie with f400 they use bigger Wheels when they Plough  :) .

http://www.ina.fr/video/PUB3249382041

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 19:41 »
I would like to see more pictures of the plough and f400. You have done a nice job by it. Is it stainless steel? My nipplo matsu has fingers and I think the shear  is about 150 mm but I will measure it next week. I found it was best in used land recently cultivated i have a standard plough for grass or tougher conditions. There are pictures this site some were.

North

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 11:29 »
 :) No its not Stainless,brusched with grinder... See you have some Hondas  :D ...very nice Plough work...Here is some Pictures....

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 19:12 »
The F400 looks very different with the big wheels. More like a F600.  That's some set of weights. The bigger honda have steering clutches to aid turning at the end of the rows. With out them it must be a handful to turn. I have the F400, F610 and a very old F80. The 80 is broke down. I need a set coils for it but in 12 months have not been able to get a set. Have you tryed the plough out yet?

North

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 23:00 »
 :) Yes i have ploughed some ,works very well...Some old machines without steering clutches had some easy differential in the Wheels or axle i Think, so its easy to turn at the rows end...I have that solution on my honda...Home made of course  :) .

Easy differential

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 08:29 »
That's a large piect of land. And the ploughing looks good. Some machines like the Mountfield M1 had wheels with free wheel built in to turn at the row end. The howard had one or two wheel drive so you could spin it round at the end of a row. When I was growing up dad had a trusty tractor and a iron horse. But I was never strong enough to use them being only or 8. But after ploughing he would use a disc harrow as those machines had no rotavator atachment. I have been thinking about a disc harrow for mine. But it has to run first. I like your wheel clutch good idea.

North

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 21:01 »
 :) I seen farmers use disc harrows but i think tilling is near the same thing ...Hope you can fix your f80...Spare parts for old Machines is a nightmare...

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 20:55 »
The triangle toe of my plough is 200 mm x 200 mm . The F80 is 8hp twin weighing 260kg. It used to tear the hitch off the plough until I got less greedy on the depth i used it.The main benifit of using a disc is the time and fuel saved on big areas. Also after ploughing you don't bring the weeds back up.

North

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 00:27 »
 :) Thancks for measure your Plough. The f80 is a honda monster  :D locks Little likes a aeroplane...If you dont find coils maybe you can convert it to Electronic ignition. Yes tilling Deep is fuel consuming but you have a secret vapon, the honda f 400 with drum rotors,it wont go so deep :) ( have searched the forum) . Maybe it is faster to run disc harrow, havent used it so i dont know, maybe it will be to Heavy for f400.

xx
Plough

Started by mick on Equipment Shed

64 Replies
Last post February 22, 2009, 16:56
by Bigbadfrankie
clip
howard 350 with plough

Started by acer on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post November 07, 2022, 19:07
by yachtwork
xx
Jalo hand plough

Started by Barry on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post May 22, 2010, 19:46
by dalemellor
xx
plough attachment for a bmb plowmate

Started by ian63 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 20:48
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 36 queries.