Cat Urinary Tract Infection

• 2 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Cat Urinary Tract Infection
« on: January 27, 2023, 12:16 »
One of our cats has taken to peeing outside my bedroom door. Great stepping in a puddle at 6am! Long story short, took her to the vet yesterday. When a cat suddenly starts peeing where she shouldn't it's worth checking there isn't a physical cause.

They gave her a full MOT - good news is that her bloods are good but she has a severe UTI. So running the tests and some medicine cames to ... £383.00 OUCH. She's going back for another test on the urine to make sure the medicine is working - doubt that will be cheap either. Our vets are particularly expensive but they are generally good and they're local. In an emergency we don't want to be increasing the journey time from 10 minutes to half an hour.

Anyway, if you've a pet cat or dog that suddenly starts behaving out of character it's worth ruling out illness with a vet.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Cat Urinary Tract Infection
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 20:32 »
Hope that medicine starts working pronto!!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Cat Urinary Tract Infection
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 23:43 »
Our sweet natured moggy turns into a demon when I give her the pill. Her claws are incredibly sharp  :ohmy:
My hand is like a pin-cushion and I may need a blood transfusion at this rate! Still love her though  :D

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 41 queries.