The fox came calling . . .

• 12 Replies

evie2

The fox came calling . . .
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:03 »
 . . . and for once, the inability to sleep with closed windows or through the night came in handy. 

Two Sabelpoots and our tiny Dutch bantam had somehow been locked out of the coop and were sleeping in their run.  At 1.30 the racket began, we both shot out of bed, me to the window, OH straight into the drawers ::) I've never seen him move so fast, glasses found, trousers, jumper and shoes on in a flash then off he skidded down the garden.  That flaming dog fox just stood there looking at him >:(  It wasn't until he slipped, fell and yelped that it lumber off, very slowly  >:( and saunter up the neighbours path, looking up at me growling at it out the window :mad: and it's the same huge dog fox that had Tinker squawking last year :mad: :mad:

So tonight the coop's being moved up the garden, there will be a head count and I don't care what the weathers like, all the windows will be open wide >:( :mad:  I'm considering getting a paint ball gun >:(
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: The fox came calling . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26 »
Phew what a lucky escape for your birds.
Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:36 »
That must have been an awful shock for you, hubby and the chooks.  Hope that he hasn't injured anything more than his pride.  :blush:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

evie2

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:39 »
They're very subdued this morning, they're not coming out, just hanging around at the door  :( we'll give them some TLC when everyone gets home :)  Let's hope they don't end up like the penguins at the sea life centre :(

ANHBUC

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:46 »
What happened to the penguins?  I have only read about Dirk being stolen in Australia but I thought he was ok now.

evie2

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 13:43 »
Someone got into their enclosure and chased them about.  They were so frightened they became depressed and had to be given anti depressants.  They're all fine now and some have even laid eggs :)

I'm not good at links but if you go on the bbc news web page you should find the story :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd

ANHBUC

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 13:51 »
 :(  They should put the culprits in a cage.

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 14:50 »
:(  They should put the culprits in a cage.

with loud drum and bass music thumping through the night and little children banging the outside during the day...little g**s

glad your chooks are ok
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

evie2

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 16:25 »
I just don't understand people who do things like this >:( I'd dip them in honey and stick them in a honey badger enclosure, see how they feel being chased around by a fast, snarly, aggressive animal ;)

evie2

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 18:57 »
The penguin story has just been on Look North, not only have 2 pairs laid an egg each, one hatched and there's a little baby with mum and dad :D

ANHBUC

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 21:05 »
I missed Look North tonight but that is great news.  Will have a look online for the story. 

Hope your chooks are non the worse for their scare.   :)

evie2

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 15:20 »
Last night between showers the deluge and with much laughter, shrieking, Eils getting stuck, naughty words in German, French and Polish ??? (oh yes) and 'from me to you' instructions, coop and run were moved nearer to the house  :happy:

Today all the hens are safe and well and out in the run happily chuntering away to themselves and investigating the new surroundings :D

After OH related the story to his 6th form yesterday, several offers of fox dispatching from the farmers amongst them were offered  ;)

question
Alarm calling over silly things :)

Started by EnviroChick on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post April 12, 2014, 05:52
by nerdle

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 41 queries.