Grass Cuttings

• 18 Replies

Elaine G

Re: Grass Cuttings
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 17:33 »
Wow sorry peeps, didn't know I was going to cause so much trouble!
I'm sure the instructions were on the packet - problem is it went in the bin after application. That would not normally be an issue, as I woud throw away a few cuts then compost till next year. But I had been reading the thread on mulching with grass clippings and wondered if that was a possibility for the excess.
John is quite correct - the council would refuse to empty our rubbish bin if we put green waste in it, so we do not have much choice.
Thanks for your replies.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

Christine

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 20:50 »
Elaine it was a good question to ask. Much good and practical advice has been given.

We say the same things week in, week out down the allotment holders association shed to people who ask. Eventually we hear our customers telling each other and quite often it's practical advice from discussions in places like this.

I know that quite often the same questions are raised here regularly and I always read the answers to remind myself of things I'd forgotten.

skinupthen

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 22:29 »
i have  been keeping grass cuttings in sacks to rot down before mulching......... can i just use it fresh as a mulch?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 23:37 »
i have  been keeping grass cuttings in sacks to rot down before mulching......... can i just use it fresh as a mulch?

They will probably go slimy in the bags.

If the lawn hasn't been treated with feed and weed recently then should be OK - as already answered earlier on this thread.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
grass cuttings

Started by hanssg on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 20, 2014, 10:57
by Willow_Warren
xx
grass cuttings

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post November 23, 2017, 16:03
by m1ckz
xx
grass cuttings

3 Replies
Last post October 15, 2015, 09:43
by John
xx
grass cuttings

2 Replies
Last post April 08, 2012, 18:12
by Hobnails

Page created in 0.389 seconds with 35 queries.