help advice needed

• 3 Replies

gem

help advice needed
« on: May 15, 2011, 11:26 »
Hello,

I am after some advice.  One of my 3 chickens died this morning I noticed on friday night she wasnt to well just lethargic and floppy crest not as red as normal.  It was to late for vets so I put some tonic in the water and they went to bed.  Next day she wasnt well at all so i seperated her from the others and tried to feed her some of the suggestions on here for poorly choocks as well as making sure she had clean water with poultry tonic in.  She has been ill before and this has always works with her.

Late last night she took a turn for the worse and was usteady on her feet and her wing on one side looked dropped.  I couldnt get any help from the vets and to be honest she looked like she wouldnt make it through the night.  She did but died this morning.  She had really runny milky/yellow poos a mixture of water and yello but at the end it was all milky yellow.

I am now worried about my other two until i can get to vets or to talk to a vet tomorrow.  They both seem ok but one I would say is a little less active than normal and she has just done a milky yello poo also.  I do worm them with verm-X but im wondering if this is not enough.

Is there anything i can do for the other two?  Any ideas what it might be??

louiseb22

Re: help advice needed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:30 »
Verm-x will not get rid of worms and is not scientifically proven to do so, however Flubenvet is so I would recommend using that. How have they been laying as it sounds like egg yolk coming from there vents, possibly egg yolk peritonitis. I'm sorry its not much but I'm sure someone elso with more experience will be along shortly. Good Luck :)
1 Coral Nick, 1 Rhode Rock, 1 Light Sussex,  2 Speckledy, 1 Columbian blactail, 2 welsummer, 1 Columbine
and 18 ducks/drakes/ducklings mix xxx

gem

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:37 »
Well Its hard to tell who is laying but i have been getting eggs up to 3 per day sometimes 2 and sometimes 1 which is avergae for them.  There has been however recently one eating eggs and we found yesterday it had been her.

We shall see today with her gone what the egg production is like, on Friday we didnt get any and on Sat it had been eaten so i would say a drop in the two days were she was ill.

Im just worried for the other two now.  Will go and get some working stuff today if the pet shops have it.

gem

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 14:27 »
well none of the local pet shops have Flubenvet, I have ordered it online.

Any other suggestions, i am so worried the other two will come down with whatever it is.

question
Help needed please... advice on chicks needed

Started by newatthis on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 17:26
by Sassy
xx
Advice needed

Started by walker on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 29, 2010, 16:30
by dizzylizzie
xx
Advice needed

Started by Karhog on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 27, 2012, 19:56
by helens-hens
xx
advice needed

Started by cols chicks on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 23, 2009, 09:22
by Foxy

Page created in 0.505 seconds with 39 queries.