Advice needed

• 5 Replies

walker

Advice needed
« on: March 29, 2010, 15:18 »
I have just seen one of our chucks pick up a hair band (my daughters she must have dropped it outside ) i obviously tried to get it from her and a chase developed me shouting at the chuck and her shouting at me for trying to pinch what she thought was her well deserved worm from the hours of scrating outside. anyway i was unsuccessful and she has eaten it will she be able to pass it , its about the size of a ten pence piece like an elastic band.
One light Sussex , two bluebells, two white stars, two speckled stars , two cream legbars.

Vic K

Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 15:39 »
Our chicken ate a (pink) burst balloon before I could get it from her. A day or so later it emerged intact, but bright green!

walker

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 15:42 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
they do seem to eat anything

dizzylizzie

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 15:48 »
Just keep a very close eye on her and if she does develop an inpacted crop dont try the usual remedy's for clearing it, take her straight to the vets and tell them what she has swallowed. Like you say, they seem to pick everthing up, and i think its a good job we dont see half the things they eat otherwise we would never sleep with the worry. Like i say, just watch her(and her poo's) closely, i wouldnt do anything unless a problem develops ;)

walker

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 16:13 »
Just keep a very close eye on her and if she does develop an inpacted crop dont try the usual remedy's for clearing it, take her straight to the vets and tell them what she has swallowed. Like you say, they seem to pick everthing up, and i think its a good job we dont see half the things they eat otherwise we would never sleep with the worry. Like i say, just watch her(and her poo's) closely, i wouldnt do anything unless a problem develops ;)

thanks dizzylizzie will keep a close eye on her she does seem to be the greedy one so no suprise it was her who eat the hair band :lol:

dizzylizzie

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 16:30 »
she does seem to be the greedy one so no suprise it was her who eat the hair band :lol:

one of mine ate my nose stud once :blink: :D....just taught me a lesson in what they will eat and to be more careful in the future...the thing is, normally i wear really cheap nose pins that are about £1 each, but the one bramble ate was a beautiful white gold one with a blue dimond in it that my Hubby bought me! He still hasnt noticed that i have a cheapy one in from the Rock shop :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 16:31 by dizzylizzie »

question
Help needed please... advice on chicks needed

Started by newatthis on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 17:26
by Sassy
xx
Advice needed on ill hen

Started by freddiesmiles on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2009, 10:21
by freddiesmiles
xx
Advice needed......

Started by Chuckles on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 02, 2010, 22:02
by Chuckles
xx
advice needed please

Started by clare30 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 17:25
by clare30

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 35 queries.