Flower Buckets @ Morrison's

• 55 Replies

Kentish Karl

Flower Buckets @ Morrison's
« on: March 25, 2009, 14:26 »
Just popped into my local Morrison's to get some bit's and pieces and as I walked in the door there were piles of buckets taped up 8 for 99p, I picked a pile up and checked with a guy working there and he confirmed they were for sale.

Just got home and counted, I got 36 buckets for 99p BARGAIN

hectic

• Experienced Member
Re: Flower Buckets @ Morrison's
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 15:38 »
Tee hee now that is a bargain well done! I picked some more up a couple of weeks ago, they were slightly smaller than usual and prob a more useful size - Morrisons is going up in my estimation!  :D

BestBreast

• Experienced Member
  • Chhhhiiiiiiickens.......
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 22:06 »
 :( Pants Morrisons closed at 8pm perhaps a trip tomorrow is worthwhile. I need buckets.

FCG

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 22:13 »
Perfect!

Will be popping along for these... i need some buckets for some 'guerilla gardening'. Planning to grow masses of spuds on a hidden bit of field. These buckets will save it being done in the ground.

pol and mick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 22:35 »
My OH popped in Asda last Monday and noticed a pile of black plastic flower buckets,he asked the assistant if they threw them away but was told  sorry we send them back to the suppliers. Perhaps i should mention that Morrisons are selling theirs for 99p. You never know with the supermarket wars Asda might start selling theirs for 50p.
I think i'll have a word with the store manager tomorrow. If i fail. Morrisons here ;) i come.
pol

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 22:44 »
whoohoo!  there's a big morrisons near where I work and I'm finished early tomorrow so I'll pop in!  thanks for the tip  8)

Mythi

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11 »
I regularly get these from Morrisons, they are absolutely perfect for all sorts of things :)

hectic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 16:13 »
Only prob I have with them is the wee b****rs stick together as they are not always dry when they stack em up - but hey ho beggers and all that! ::)

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 18:48 »
If you dont see them ask. I would even go as far as to say try to buy them when you cannot see any on display. Everytime I have asked, the assistant has given me loads and always marked at 99p.
Patrick
Hull, East yorkshire

Elcie

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 19:10 »
I got mine free from Tesco.  Asked at the mini-Tesco last week and they gave me 3 spare ones.  Happened to be in the big Tesco early Saturday morning and they were organising their mothers day flowers.  Massive stack of buckets.  I asked the lady if I could have 4 or 5 and she said take as many as you need and get a trolley.  I took the lot - about 55!!! Free!!!!

mrs.ploppy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 19:15 »
I grow all my toms in them and have been getting them for years there.  They hold perfect amount of compost for gowing toms and I grow all mine against a south facing wall with trays under each for watering.  Then I set my canes in each pot and secure them at the top with one continuous wire.  Such little work that way as you can see side shoots to pinch out.  Best bagin for ages!
mrs.ploppy

Elaine G

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 20:49 »
I have grown potatoes in mine.
Just one potato in each for a nice early if small crop.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

sclarke624

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 00:18 »
My tesco said I can't have them as they send them back to be re used.  Don't believe them.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

hectic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 06:21 »
I grow all my toms in them and have been getting them for years there.  They hold perfect amount of compost for gowing toms and I grow all mine against a south facing wall with trays under each for watering.  Then I set my canes in each pot and secure them at the top with one continuous wire.  Such little work that way as you can see side shoots to pinch out.  Best bagin for ages!

Mrs Ploppy, do you cut the bottoms off or drill holes in the sides when growing toms as I want to do this with mine. Cheers  :)

Debbie D

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 10:26 »
I've just been and bought 2 lots, have never noticed them before. I am planning to grow my toms in them too, they look nicer than growbags as well!

xx
Flower buckets

Started by Rangerkris on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 18:53
by ftaggrower
xx
Flower buckets

Started by safetrade on Frugal Living

16 Replies
Last post May 10, 2012, 21:56
by ray7
xx
Morrisons Flower Buckets 99p for 8

Started by rowan57 on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post September 15, 2013, 09:16
by rowan57
xx
Free flower buckets

Started by stompy on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post April 04, 2011, 20:04
by Nige2Plots

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 39 queries.