I put some eggs out for sale today! PICS ADDED

• 71 Replies

cammi

• Experienced Member
I put some eggs out for sale today! PICS ADDED
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:53 »
I only have 5 hens (4 laying) but we have been getting a few more eggs than we can eat recently, so i have done some signs, bought some boxes and put 3 boxes outside the front door today.

We live on a housing estate so don't get passing traffic, just people walking by.  I have left one box open to show they are different sizes and colours.  

I have my doubts i will sell any at all, certainly not a regular thing, my hubby thinks they will get snapped up...............................no one bought any so far...................come on they have been out there 3hours now! :lol:

Wish me luck
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 20:45 by cammi »
11 Chickens (Rhode Rock, Bluebell, Copper Black, Columbine, Coucou, Mystery Hen, Clarance Court, Araucana, brown hen ) , 3 Cats (1 mog, 1 bengal, 1 Bengal x),  2 Little Boys, 1 dog (Golden Retriever) and 1 Husband

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: I put some eggs put for sale today!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:01 »
Once they buy your eggs they will become regulars - just wait and see  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Squiggly

• Experienced Member
Re: I put some eggs out for sale today!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:15 »
Good luck with selling them  :)

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 11:46 »
if you were near me id snap them up no probs...cant bet a feresh egg or 2  :D
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:09 »
My neighbours would always happily accept free ones but would never buy them if I put them out for sale  >:(

I think they will sell, so be patient  :)

dig4victory

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 13:15 »
Good luck!

I don't understand why people don't snap these offers up?  About 2 miles from our home is a little house in the middle of a clearing in the wood with a road running by it.  They always have a little stall outside with fresh hen & duck eggs on it and home produced honey - both delicious - with an honesty box. You can just taste the flavour of flowers in the honey!!  :D

Do you have a suggested price for the eggs on display?

Indiana

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 13:26 »
good luck!

Make up a good sized sign for fresh eggs with a picture and price. I put my eggs in a coolbox and a little plastic container next to it for money.

Once people start buying them they will continue as there is a huge difference in taste between supermarket eggs and home produced fresh ones.

cammi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 14:57 »
Yes ive got lovely signs lol.  I was only going to say 50p but my friend said i should try £1 for 6 so thats what they are at the moment.  A big of six roughly two huge eggs, 2 'normal' eggs and 2 blue eggs.

Well i've taken them in now and hubby is going to take them to work tonight, see if anyone wants some.  He said he saw a man walk past to the shop and walk back with two boxes of eggs!!!  WHY???

Oh well Day One = None sold

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 17:28 »
It sometimes takes people time to get used to them being there cammi, don't give up!  I had a lady in the village bought some of ours, she now buys 4-6 dozen a week, her in-laws have 2 dozen and her neighbour now has 2 dozen a week too! 

But why that bloke walked past to buy eggs then walked back again I don't know!  Maybe they think eggs are better if bought from a supermarket!  I know a few people like that!  He doesn't deserve your lovely fresh eggs!   :lol:

8doubles

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 17:33 »
Yes ive got lovely signs lol.  I was only going to say 50p but my friend said i should try £1 for 6 so thats what they are at the moment.  A big of six roughly two huge eggs, 2 'normal' eggs and 2 blue eggs.

Well i've taken them in now and hubby is going to take them to work tonight, see if anyone wants some.  He said he saw a man walk past to the shop and walk back with two boxes of eggs!!!  WHY???

Should have given him a free egg and told him to fry it alongside a supermarket egg. :)

falcieri

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 17:40 »

Someone told me it is illegal to sell the eggs from your own hens because they aren't regulated or stuffed with antibiotic feed. Don't advertise them - just in case!

Runwell-Steve

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 17:49 »
Someone told me it is illegal to sell the eggs from your own hens because they aren't regulated or stuffed with antibiotic feed. Don't advertise them - just in case!

Thats not the case.  You are allowed to sell eggs from your 'Farm Gate'

This article tells you what you need to know.

http://www.poultry.allotment-garden.org/Chicken_a/Chicken_Egg_Excess/farm-gate-egg-sales.php

jinty1911

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 20:16 »
1 of the ladies at work regularly goes to a farm and buys fresh eggs for all the other workers (usually about 3 doz a week).  I used to get them as they were nice and big for 1.80 a dozen.  Don't need to do that now I have nice and tiny.  :lol:  :lol:

Squiggly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 20:36 »
Sorry they didn't sell and the man that walked past them and bought eggs from a shop is very odd  ???

A question for you knowledgeable lot ... I was at a carboot on Sunday and walked passed 2  separate stalls selling 'double yolkers' now I thought it was a random thing to get a double yolked egg. Can you really tell by just looking at them? They had a few trays of them.

cammi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 20:48 »

Definitely not true!   :D  But i suppose people hear silly things like that and makes them think twice about buying 'farm gate' eggs

cheesy
New chicks!! pics added.

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post August 09, 2011, 14:17
by LittleRedHen
xx
Well I went to buy some Turkeys.........(Pics added)

Started by min200 on Chicken Chat

18 Replies
Last post September 01, 2010, 12:08
by min200
xx
Woo I have quail :D (pics added)

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post July 09, 2010, 20:02
by Foghorn-Leghorn
xx
What sex do you think these chicks are? Front view pics now added

Started by chuckmum on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post July 04, 2010, 12:17
by chuckmum

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 40 queries.