Which heated propagator to buy and are they worth it?

• 22 Replies

andy135

Re: Which heated propagator to buy and are they worth it?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 12:52 »
Last year I put three shelves up at one of the windows, then the cats decided they would be wonderfull for sunbathing.  :nowink:

madcat

Re: whcih heated propagator to buy and are they worth it?
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 16:17 »
in fact I'm wondering whether I can fit up a shelving system in front of the new French doors !!

OH put his foot down with a firm hand when I floated an idea like that!   :ohmy: :lol: :lol:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

hamstergbert

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 16:41 »
OH put his foot down with a firm hand when I floated an idea like that!   :ohmy: :lol: :lol:

There's your mistake.  Just do it quietly then apologise - once - for not having thought he would want to be bothered with such trivia  when it is too late to 'unpick' and then enjoy henceforth....   

It always seems to work for Mrs HamsterGBert!

(Incidentally got a heated propogator but last powered up about eight years past : I find it takes up too much room and faffing for modest benefits - so for me it is long live dining room window ledges and kitchen foil lined cardboard box reflectors!)
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 16:46 »
in fact I'm wondering whether I can fit up a shelving system in front of the new French doors !!

I won't be floating any ideas - it'll be a fait accompli by the time he notices  : :tongue2:
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

SUTTY1

• Pumpkin Champion 2010 / Super Winner of the Tallest Sunflower Competition 2011
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 20:59 »
I came on here tonight to relax!!!! Think i can feel 30yr old nightmares of Latin "o"level exams returning :D :) ;) >:( :( :nowink: :nowink:

I find i only need a unheated propogator that i use for likes off aubergines, chilli/pepper etc. Sits on the window sill during the day and the house isn't heated. Of a night it gets an hour on the radiator to warm it up. I know thats a bit unauthordox but works for me.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:56 »
A you can't argue with a Champion Grower!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

tangojulie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 14:54 »
Last year I finally got round to reading the back of the seed packets  :blush: and paying some attention to the recommendations for sowing and growing on. I went round the house with my max/min thermometer (how sad is that) and it looked as if the ensuite bathroom would be pretty much perfect, courtesy of the heated towel rail which was on anyway. No light, but everything got moved to the kitchen windowsill as soon as it germinated. Much to my embarrassment I was inundated with seedlings and could barely keep up.

I found that once I started to think about 'where's best for germinating' and 'where's best for growing on' the problem solved itself and the need for a propagator disappeared.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 18:21 »
Last year I finally got round to reading the back of the seed packets  :blush:

Well done tangojulie........some people never get round to doing that ;)

and welcome to the forum :)

xx
Heated Propagator

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2008, 00:16
by compostqueen
xx
Heated Bed / Propagator

Started by Fisherman on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post December 05, 2009, 20:37
by DavidT
question
New to heated propagator

Started by Spookess on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 09, 2022, 21:10
by Yorkie
xx
Heated Propagator

Started by Gleavo on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 07, 2018, 18:16
by DD.

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 40 queries.