Splash update

• 24 Replies

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Splash update
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 18:32 »
Awwwwwwwwww he is so lovely. Ginger cats are particularly cute :D

I'd rather have the odd claw in the foot than Lotty peeing like she does when she's stressed ::)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 12:10 »
Quick update on the terrible child haha. Anyone in the early morning club will know that we are still being woken in the silly hours by the demon cat. Well, he is seven months old and today he has passed another milestone. He has been for castration, the earliest our vet will do them. It was a quick job, OH took him down for 12, picked him up at 12.30. Job done, peace for a couple of hours, rabies shot given. All for the princely sum of £8.45.

He is not the prettiest of cats, he is blooming minded, he is a pest of the highest order, he is a CAT! But we love him and feel sorry that he is feeling groggy. He can now concentrate on his hunting, I can stop worrying about him wandering off too far (I hope) we caught him before he starts spraying everywhere. And we hope with his hormone free maturity he will stop with the claws and teeth! He gets on with the chooks, Bonnie has accepted he is here to stay, and Bella is happy to have a playmate, even though he gets a bit rough sometimes.

And he can be very cuddly.

He has progressed from his box to draping himself across the table, most unhygeinic!

He still likes to sit on the computer...I've told OH to shut it down!

Come on Bella..play time...

Not a cat, but you'll do

Bless him

Snoop

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 13:41 »
Lovely photos. I like the one of him on the computer. He's definitely eyeing up the mouse. And what a great picture of the dog and him playing. I guess he's learned to keep his claws to himself when playing with her.

And a cheap job at the vets! Costs a lot more than that here.

tosca100

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 14:44 »
Haha, Bella wishes he did keep his claws to himself, he's a yob! She squeals and jumps away occasionally but has learned that small clawing hurts less if you stay still. She adores him though.

The vet basically puts them out, does the job and hands them back still asleep, no aftercare. They give jabs in the road presumably to keep the surgery clean, though if there is no-one in the shop sometimes you go in there. Odd set up, costs down. I wouldn't be happy if we had a nervous dog though.

Snoop

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 15:27 »
Actually, jabs in the road (on the pavement or car park may be better!) is not such a bad idea, seeing as that's what dogs go to the vets for most regularly. That way, you don't have to go through the trauma of dragging them in against their will, all for something that isn't going to bother them (that much) anyway.

I say this as someone who nearly lost a dog under a lorry as she bust her collar (not just the point where the collar and lead join or even at the buckle but right through the stitched leather) and ran off onto a main road, so determined was she not to go in the vet's.

LotuSeed

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 21:57 »
Splash is adorable  :D  When we brought Izzy home after surgery he was really tipsy 😜. He goes nuts late at night but usually calms down and sleeps with us. Maybe in a few more months Splash will settle down and let you sleep peacefully lol.
Avg Last Frost Date, April 9, Avg First Frost Date, Oct 26
Avg Growing Season, 200 days

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 22:29 »
He's a lovely looking cat! Congrats on getting him 'done' so cheaply. I do like reading about his exploits.  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 12:33 »
Not the prettiest? He's gorgeous!  :) I bet he'll be a real character!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

tosca100

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 12:51 »
Plenty of character, I hope he keeps it. I'm frightened I won't love him if he gets fat and lazy, being a non cat person. He's exasperating but fun.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 22:15 »
He's a gorgeous cat tosca :)
Our 4 actually missed us it seems!!! :ohmy:

Jack is massive though! He's only been overfed by my MiL for 5 days!! Goddess only knows how much he was given! :lol:

xx
Kia update

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 17:01
by Foxy
xx
Betsy update

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 22:38
by janet12000
xx
Rosa Cat update

Started by raeburg on Pets without Feathers

17 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 23:44
by Caralou
xx
update on my pony

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post November 19, 2009, 21:06
by totalnovice

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 40 queries.