What’s for tea? 2024

• 624 Replies

wighty

Re: What’s for tea? 2024
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2024, 17:18 »
Paella from out of the freezer, a reduced ready meal  for two ,  we really shouldn't have bothered opening the shop today as we both sat there and had only three customers.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2024, 18:27 »
CBA so.....add a tin of sweetcorn to a tin of Tuna, add a slurp of chilli mayo and stir, then open a packet of crackers...
 :lol: :lol:

Lardman

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2024, 12:02 »
Leftovers bean casserole - needs more mash doing and I never know if I should put a veggie with it or if the beans count.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2024, 12:19 »
Well it was going to be roast chicken, but TRASHCO have just cancelled my order 2hrs before the delivery was due  >:( >:( >:(
I'll have a rummage through the freezer, but probably have to do something with leftovers....

Lardman

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2024, 12:37 »
TRASHCO have just cancelled my order 2hrs before the delivery was due  >:( >:( >:(
Did they give you a reason, the weather? I'd certainly be sending a complaint email, that's just not right to cancel rather than reschedule.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2024, 12:51 »
We are having a mini roast with chicken legs, rather than the whole chicken.  I have plot spuds prepped already, braised plot red cabbage defrosting, plus swede and Yorkshire puds to go with it.  I’ll find something green (peas from the freezer  ???) and also make some spoon standing.

Nearly forgot - pigs in blankets from the freezer as well, which were bought for Christmas and never used.  That’s why I am not going too mad with the roast meat element  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2024, 13:43 »
TRASHCO have just cancelled my order 2hrs before the delivery was due  >:( >:( >:(
Did they give you a reason, the weather? I'd certainly be sending a complaint email, that's just not right to cancel rather than reschedule.
I've sent a complaint already, as no reason was given by them, and no answer yet. I've managed to reschedule for Tuesday am, but I'm still cross about it, of course. Especially the bit where they said "You'll receive your refund in 3-5 working days" what if I didn't have the money to buy food, before then?

MrsPea

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2024, 15:42 »
 That's disgusting
 Tonight i have a lge double lamb chop one of my favorites OH has chicken breast with all the trimings, fresh veg and roasties. Pud might be Choc brownie with ice cream as i made a tray of them this morning.  :lol:
I Love my green house

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2024, 15:47 »
I'm still cross about it, of course. Especially the bit where they said "You'll receive your refund in 3-5 working days" what if I didn't have the money to buy food, before then?

I would be cross as well. 

They need to explain themselves and I would hope offer you some compensation by way of vouchers.  If you had no more money to buy food, or were housebound or just stranded without a car and no shops nearby, that would be awful, but bad enough they have let you down and on a day when venturing out would not be wise.

I know at work we would be getting pulled up on that if we just cancelled from the shop.  It has happened before and severe butt kicking ensued. Even when drivers don’t show up or vans break down, we have to ring everyone to see if they want to reschedule or ditch the order and get a refund.

Let us know what excuse they give.  It will be interesting to see what they come back with.

snowdrops

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2024, 18:36 »
Roast ham with a mustard & maple syrup glaze, had been slow cooked firstly ( was the joint of ham I bought for Christmas but didn’t get round to cooking so it went in the freezer) roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese ftf, peas,carrots & broccoli & I made a sauce with the cooking stock & onions, with added mustard powder & maple syrup. Very nice it was too even if I say so myself  :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2024, 10:54 »
There's a small amount of casserole left but not really enough for a meal and only a few spuds which are too small to warrant mashing, I'm doing a fresh loaf and will pick the broc out of the mixed veg- bit of a miss-match to use up bits. 

MrsPea

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2024, 14:45 »
 I'm doing a fresh loaf, are you making that yourself ??
 Turkey burger chips and bake beans fruit yoghurt for pud  :)

Lardman

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2024, 15:24 »
I'm doing a fresh loaf, are you making that yourself ??
In the bread machine MrsPea, I know but at least it's not a packet mix, If you saw my kitchen you'd understand why I'm not doing it old school.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2024, 15:47 »
I made a fruit loaf yesterday, after hearing about my Tesco delivery cancellation - comfort food  :nowink:
I found a small container of 'curry' in the freezer, so that's defrosting for tea - not sure if it's chicken or beef though  ::) I'll cook a veggie fried rice to stretch it  :)

MrsPea

« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2024, 18:24 »
 I regret getting rid of mine as i didn't use enough 'other half 'said get rid of it so i did BAD mistake  :mad:

xx
What’s the weather like where you are? 2024

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

551 Replies
Last post Today at 09:39
by Goosegirl
xx
Re: Song linkups 2024

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

332 Replies
Last post Today at 11:32
by Yorkie
clip
Fishing Season 2024

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2024, 13:11
by Aunt Sally
xx
Great British Bird Watch 2024

Started by Ali T on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post January 29, 2024, 16:54
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 45 queries.