Which is the more economical with electricity.

• 19 Replies

Growster...

Re: Which is the more economical with electricity.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2023, 18:06 »
Yes, we often dry them out over the stairs on one of those bannister flat hangers, but the last time I did that, either I'd put on a stone and a half, or the stairs had altered a little..;0)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2023, 20:03 »
Most of mine are done at 30 degrees - M&S has put this temp for every single item of clothing for years (even cotton!) and it can be difficult to know which actually need it ...

As a general rule, it does fine.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Odders

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 00:33 »
Regarding lower temperatures.
I's not very well publicised & far too many gas central heating "service engineers" don't bother doing it but setting the actual water temperature for your CH lower can significantly reduce heating costs.
Mine (19th century sandstone terrace house, so dodo insulation) is currently set at 58°C & compared to last winter, I'm using at leat 10% less gas.
More info here: https://www.theheatinghub.co.uk/articles/turn-down-the-boiler-flow-temperature

Goosegirl

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 10:43 »
Just had a new gas boiler installed and have a reduced flow rate. 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 11:46 »
I've experimented with lowering the C/H flow temperature, and find I have to make compromises to avoid the house taking too long to warm up in the morning if it's set too low.

Every house (and its occupant/s) will be different - I've made a mental note to reduce the flow temperature as far as possible when it warms up a little to try to keep the boiler running as efficiently as possible.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 12:41 by JayG »
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 44 queries.