limping chicken

• 6 Replies

karlooben

limping chicken
« on: May 25, 2009, 21:07 »
one of my girls  is limping and i was wandering if she has broken any part of her leg would she be able to put any wait on it at all. shes wobbling around an managing to eat an she seems to be drinking alot .

i have put her in the smaller shed an pen so she can rest with peace an quiet as 2 of my other girls bullied her when i put them to bed , i do pray shes only pulled a tendon or a muscle as this isnt the first time shes been lame .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Roughlee Handled

Re: limping chicken
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:08 »
How is she today?
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

karlooben

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 18:57 »
hi rough , shes a weeny bit better but u can still notice the limp  :( i dont know why this keeps happening to her .

but the thing is i thought she wasnt  laying ethier but she is i found a squashed egg in the little house with her .

LottieLotto

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 19:55 »
when we got our chickens 2 years ago, we very quickly noticed that Peggy had a limp. We could have taken her back to where we got her from, but she came with the others and we wanted her, limp and all.
Lately peggy's been quite quiet, she's slower at walking and we always have to wait for her when i take treats into the garden for them all.
I worry about Peggy, but apart from her limp (which we think is either a birth defect or a touch of athritis) she's happy. But i think she's getting old now - we don't know her age.

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 20:03 »
when we got our chickens 2 years ago,.............. she's getting old now - we don't know her age.

Seriously if you bought her at POL (Point Of Lay). Thats 19 weeks old.  She would be now 2 and a half years old. For a Hybrid say Battery Hen she would be at the end of her productive life but for a pure breed she would have plenty more years left in her.  Old is how you perceive it.  A chicken can live to 9 years plus.

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 20:05 »
she goes sound after about a week or so , i was wandering if she had athritis setting in as i think shes an old girl .
thing is i was given a pretty large brocoli stem complete with leaves an i draged it into the run an then half attempted to throw and gave up but i am postive she wasnt close but i may of spooked her an maybe she twisted as she ran of i just dont know . there is a poss that she gets picked on as well . i will keep her in the small pen an house for a week or so an let her settle with some rest from the others although shes not happy sleeping on her own  :(

karlooben

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 20:07 »
she was one of the two that i picked up by mistake from the rescue centre her an the other girl had beatiful feather so i assume they are ex batts from some time ago but as the newbie helper said ' not those 2 ' they were already loaded in the box an me and my freind just said 'oh well '  :lol: so i could not even guess how old she was or even where she came from . i reckon the centre had them as permantent residents.

xx
limping chicken

Started by Tricky on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 30, 2009, 18:10
by karlooben
xx
Chicken limping?

Started by Ribbit on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 25, 2010, 18:07
by joyfull
question
limping chicken

Started by peter o on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 10, 2009, 19:24
by peter o
wireless
Limping Chicken

Started by SamT on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 30, 2011, 08:29
by SamT

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 38 queries.