oh my god this aint good

• 7 Replies

karlooben

oh my god this aint good
« on: March 06, 2009, 17:39 »
i have had one major bad day starting at 5,15 am this morning , things got slighty worse at 2,.30 pm then at 5.10 pm things well for me got so bad that i just wanted to kick myself so hard .

i had been using large plastic toy trays as nest boxes in teh hen house for quite a while but then i took them out and the other day i thought i would put them back in , well today when i went to put the girls to bed one of them was tipped over up side down and underneath it was only 2 of my girls they were both covered in sweat an felt warm to the touch . i was almost crying at my own stupidity  :ohmy: :ohmy:for even putting these boxes in there .... i will be keeping a very close eye on these 2 girls for the next 48 hours , i so hope they dont get colds of anything from this.
they could of been in there since early this morning they were very thirsty an hungry .

a word of warning to any newbies reading this make sure all nest boxes are solid an secure  dont just think a box will do as it wont { well its made me think twice } i have leant my lesson the hard way ... >:( an i am so so annoyed about it .

but on a better note  i HAVE PERMISSION FOR ANOTHER RUN  yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D :D
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

too many girls

Re: oh my god this aint good
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 18:07 »
don't beat yourself up over it, it was a mistake, we all make them,  i once turned up the thermostat on the broody box to make the lights come on so i could see what i was doing (the bulb had gone on the ceiling light in that room) i forgot to turn it down again when i'd finished, the next morning, oh the poor chicks, there where 20 of them in there panting and gasping for air, i nearly cooked them  :( (thankfully they all survived) i felt awful and Pip has never let me forget it, the girls will probably be all right so no harm done.

karlooben

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 18:31 »
omg thats so much worse that what i have done ... so glad they all survived  :D just shows how stupid mistakes can be made. i am praying them are ok

too many girls

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 20:15 »

omg thats so much worse that what i have done ...

thankyou, :wub: i was trying to cheer you up, you've made me feel so much better :tongue2: lol

karlooben

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 20:37 »
what are friends for  :tongue2:i have to go to town tomorw morning so i am going to treat them to fresh veges from the market .

too many girls

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 20:59 »
you do seem to look after and care for your girls very well, good luck with the isolation run.

colliebird

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 09:36 »
If we don't make mistakes, we never learn.
It's given me food for thought because I use cardboard boxes as nest boxes.  They've got lovely wooden nest boxes situated in nice dark corners, but they have never used them, they prefer the cardboard ones, even though they can see through the window openings where my dogs create merry hell every time a hen goes to lay. 
Ho hum

Valerie

i have had one major bad day starting at 5,15 am this morning , things got slighty worse at 2,.30 pm then at 5.10 pm things well for me got so bad that i just wanted to kick myself so hard .

i had been using large plastic toy trays as nest boxes in teh hen house for quite a while but then i took them out and the other day i thought i would put them back in , well today when i went to put the girls to bed one of them was tipped over up side down and underneath it was only 2 of my girls they were both covered in sweat an felt warm to the touch . i was almost crying at my own stupidity  :ohmy: :ohmy:for even putting these boxes in there .... i will be keeping a very close eye on these 2 girls for the next 48 hours , i so hope they dont get colds of anything from this.
they could of been in there since early this morning they were very thirsty an hungry .

a word of warning to any newbies reading this make sure all nest boxes are solid an secure  dont just think a box will do as it wont { well its made me think twice } i have leant my lesson the hard way ... >:( an i am so so annoyed about it .

but on a better note  i HAVE PERMISSION FOR ANOTHER RUN  yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D :D
Valerie

"The moral progress of a nation can be judged by the way it treats its animals" - Gandhi

karlooben

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 18:17 »
the girls are ok doesnt seem to have been any damage done to them  :D :D thankgod for that.

xx
What good/not good to feed hens?

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post March 31, 2007, 23:37
by Aunt Sally
xx
what is a good pure breed of chicken that is quite rare but good to breed or buy

Started by alotment shed on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 28, 2009, 17:02
by Allotment_Guy
xx
kt was too good to last

Started by grumpydad on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 15, 2012, 15:56
by GrannieAnnie
xx
good day

Started by karenn on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 26, 2007, 09:25
by tetley

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 39 queries.