Newbie & horticulture student -plots near Beckenham or Kent ?

• 4 Replies

janjackklos

Hello all,
This is a looonggg shot but I was wondering wether some of you might know of any plots going near to where I live? I have signed up with few local sites but the waiting lists are over 100 people at all of them.... I was thinking that maybe I could find something bit further out where I could drive if it's not too far? Any advice would be invaluable.

Best Jack

Hampshire Hog

I’m way too far from you to advise on a plot. However I wonder if it would be worth you going to some local allotments and seeing if anyone would like help.
Subject to local rules of course.  Good luck HH
Keep digging

janjackklos

Yeah, it's weird down here tbh. I've been to couple of places and people seemed very protective of their plots. - like not even willing to have a chat. Believe it or not but I had to chase for weeks just to get an answer regarding the waiting list and most allotment sites didn't reply at all. I do get it tho, I went into horticulture  to leave the digital realm for good so can't blame them for not checking their emails. I will keep trying tho and keep this post live in case someone local is on this forum too. Any advise on any other solid and active online communities I could try to ask at too? Facebook groups perhaps?
Best J

Hampshire Hog

Can’t help on Facebook I’m afraid I have avoided it!
Only other thought is whether you might get any joy talking to someone in a local garden centre??

snowdrops

Didn’t there used to be a land share project to put people wanting land to grow on in touch with people who had land/gardens. Think it was Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, take a google maybe
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Student food...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post July 31, 2018, 08:51
by LILLILEAF
xx
'Patchless' in Kent...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post October 09, 2018, 11:31
by Goosegirl
xx
Can we go to our plots? YES WE CAN

Started by WeavingGryphon on Chatting on the Plot

38 Replies
Last post April 09, 2020, 13:21
by WeavingGryphon
xx
Zoom meeting newbie.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 01, 2024, 12:13
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 43 queries.