Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel

• 260 Replies

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Re: Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2013, 12:49 »
Thank you for this!  I really enjoyed it.  Please make this a regular entry!   ;)
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2013, 17:01 »
Glad Patsy is earning her keep now Foggy.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 16:04 »
Foghorn's diary

Hi diary.  Not been up to much the last couple of months apart from snuggling down with the girls earlier and earlier every day.  Not that I mind that, but its hard to fit in all the preening, crowing and patrolling the run a lad has to do when the days are so short  ::)  Mum says we are past the shortest day now, so things will get better  ;)

We were out for a run today and the some of the girls decided that it was too muddy underfoot for them.  I looked round and they were on the bench looking fed up.  I suspect Beyonce was up to something as she was spoiling for a fight today  ::)

Once we were back in the run, Miss B decided to give some attitude to Naomi through the wire.  Course she got it straight back until mum broke it up.  I decided to keep to my usual strategy of 'if there's trouble brewing, stay behind Beyonce'.  She's a bruiser so you are pretty safe there  ;)

The white pipsqueak was nowhere to be seen of course.  He knows better than to get between these two  ;)

Alphie's diary

Nearly New Year diary and I'm looking forward to spring when the grass starts growing again.  Mum keeps moving our run round, but we have eaten most of the lawn and were reduced to pecking in the flowerbeds today.  Well that was until we were caught.  Mum gets a bit cross if we dig up too many of her plants  :lol:

We did a good thorough search of all areas for worms and slugs, but always kept one eye on the back door. Once that opens, it usually means back to the run and mealworms to tempt up back  ;)

Our patience was rewarded and we got our treats in the end  :D  Just filled us up nicely for bed.  One good thing about these early nights is I do get extra cuddling time sleeping between Naomi and Eva  :D  :D  :D
IMG_1002_zps06d892c2.jpg
IMG_1005_zpse7a2d624.jpg
IMG_1010_zpsa9bda108.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:21 by New shoot »

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2013, 16:39 »
Glad to see the family is thriving despite the horrid wet weather they have had to endure  :)

Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

barley

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2014, 20:53 »
just discovered these diarys , what a blast !!!!!!

SL

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2014, 14:36 »
Hilarious! I thought it was just me who was nuts  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2014, 17:55 »
Foghorn's diary

Spring is springing.  I can feel it and am doing some extra loud and raucous crowing every day now just to let everyone know who is king of the hill  :lol:

Mum cleaned us out today, so we had a mad rampage round the garden looking for worms.  She dug the bark chip over as well to try and dry us out a bit.  We have a roof on our run, but the rain has soaked the flooring anyway  ::)

As she had worked so hard, we thought it was only fair to come and inspect mum's work and let her know we approved by digging the coop sawdust up and chucking it round, plus have a good scratch at the bark.  Dunno why she rolled her eyes so much though  ???

I've only got one of my partidge wyandotte girls with me at the moment and that's her with her head in the coop.  We lost one of the trio and the other is a bit off colour at the moment, so mum has got her inside.  Mum says she  is getting better, so fingers crossed.  She's a nice gentle old girl, not like Miss B 'I'm just a handful so deal with it' and scatty Patsy and Edina  :lol:

Course, you know who just had to come over once we were back in and he was out.  Does a great impression of digging away in front of the run, then chuck-chucks my girls over, like he has a titbit for them  ::) 

I'm telling you, he's got nothing.  Just come away will you!  Oi, leave it girl and stick with someone who knows how to look after his ladies.  Flippin' women  ::) Heads turned by the smallest thing   :lol:
003_zpsd36aeb9b.jpg
006_zpsee60451e.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:22 by New shoot »

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2014, 18:08 »
Ambition beyond his size, that Alphie  :lol: 

I think Foghorn puts up with him with such equanimity really  :nowink:

Glad to see they are enjoying the sunshine so much, even if one is inside right now... soon to return to the fold I hope  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2014, 08:49 »
Alphie's diary

Well it feels like summer is on the way diary.  Lovely and sunny here yesterday.  Perfect for dustbathing under the shrubs and sunbathing on the lawn.

My Eva was off colour on Friday.  Mum let us out and she stayed in the house.  Her comb was pale and she wasn't hungry  :(  Mum took her inside and said she would try and get her eating again.  I really missed her Friday night. Usually I make sure I get between my 2 girls and mum only knows I am there 'cos she sees my tail feathers sticking out  :lol:

Eva was feeling a bit more like herself yesterday, so mum moved her out onto the lawn next to us to have a chat and get some sun.  She said 'Over to you Captain Fabulous - do your stuff'.  Who's he  ???  Anyway, I forgot all about that and made sure I made a big fuss of Eva and stood on my piece of log so she could see me better.

We shared a strawberry through the wire and I told her how much I had missed her and she needed to get better.  Eva said mum was just worried she wasn't eating enough so I asked for special seeds and we got them as well  :D  Eva soon copied me and Naomi and pecked them up.

She was so much better that mum put her back in with us and I got my proper nightime cuddle last night  :D  :D  :D  Mum was pleased Eva came straight out this morning and started eating, so fingers crossed we are all OK now.

Sad news from the big gang  :(   Foggy lost the last 2 partidge wyandottes - they all went within a couple of months of each other.  They were sisters and pretty much joined at the wingtip, but they were nice old girls and I used to enjoy a quick flirt with them.  Foggy reckons he's getting more now as he only has the old silver laced wyandotte who is nearly 9, then the younger models - Beyonce, Patsy and Edina.  Mum says we have enough eggs, so maybe he can wait a while.  He's not happy about that at all  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
IMG_1095_zps7da7a83d.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:23 by New shoot »

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2014, 09:51 »
Glad Eva got better.  :)
Haven't seen an update from the boys for ages!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2014, 21:00 »
Foghorn's Diary Film Debut !

Well the white pipsqueak may have beaten me to it with his diary this time, but he ain't seen nuffin yet.  Beyonce got a phone upgrade and it does really good videos.  We had a lot of fun putting this together. 

Pass the popcorn B, just gonna watch it again  ;)  I'm just too handsome for words - sigh.  Will you all stop laughing you girls !  Yes, my head does fit back in the coop thank you very much   :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNdG8ao7klg
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:24 by New shoot »

Springlands

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2014, 21:33 »
Wow Foggy - you certainly know how to strut your stuff.  :lol:

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2014, 08:17 »
 "I made a big fuss of Eva and stood on my piece of log so she could see me better"
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2014, 09:53 »
Handsome Foggie  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24 »
Lovely footage of you Foghorn, when's the sequel?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Bantie Orpintons???

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:56
by Evansent
sad
Hen now cockerel

Started by The Goods on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 21:06
by Paul Plots
xx
Ixworth Cockerel

Started by PBOV on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post July 11, 2012, 15:01
by joyfull
clip
Hello and help need to re home a Cockerel

Started by IanFM on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post September 16, 2020, 14:12
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 56 queries.