Qualcast Mo line B43 Auto Strimmer

• 6 Replies

grendel

Qualcast Mo line B43 Auto Strimmer
« on: May 05, 2014, 17:59 »
Sunday I picked up a strimmer from the boot fair for just £4, today I checked the machine over - re oiled the air filter, checked the plug squirted some 3 in one oil into the bore, then mixed up some fuel at 20:1 2 stroke mix, after about 4 pulls on partial choke it fired up, another couple of trys and it stayed running.
To say I am quite happy is an understatement, now for the question, does anyone have a manual for this as the only way I have found to stop it at the moment is to turn it to full choke.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

adal

• Man Of the World
Re: Qualcast Mo line B43 Auto Strimmer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 22:07 »
Grendel

The strimmer I have has a On/Off control switch on the top of the Throttle control as for the manual it has not got a lot in this may help you
http://lawnandgarden.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/mcculloch/mt700.html?p=6 good luck adal

grendel

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 13:00 »
Thanks, that's very similar to mine except mine doesn't have the on off switch.
Grendel

wneva

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 07:10 »
Hi there

I have a Qualcast QG-PT 3043 30cc petrol strimmer that I bought in Argos for the allotment weeds etc.  It worked fine last year, and this year it started well. The motor seems to be fine.  But I've just fitted a new plastic cord and now it just wraps round the head after a few moments of operation. 

Am I not putting enough tension when fitting the cord round the head?  or too much?  Am I just not leaving out long enough bits of cord ?  Or do I have the wrong thickness of cord (bloke at garden centre said it'd be fine).  Any advice would be very welcome!!

I'd like to keep my neighbours at the plot from grumbling about my dandelions and couch - let alone the parish council vigilantes!

grendel

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:09 »
you should have enough cord out to just clip the edge of the guard, as there is a cutter on the guard that limits the length (probably about 4"-100mm should work fine) once its revved up it should fly out, have you refitted the head correctly after fitting the new cord, so that it locks if you try pulling more without using the bump feed?
Grendel

wneva

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 17:38 »
Hi Grendel
Some success!  I took the head apart and rewound it a bit looser, and I limited the amount of cord out to 4" as you said.  I also cleaned out some old strands of vegetation that has accumulated.    It works fine as a result - doesn't wrap itself round the head at all. 

So  I headed off to the plot without delay.  The weeds were about knee high everywhere - we've had guests last weekend and it's rained a lot , so you can imagine the result.  After an hour of strimming I have trimmed down the worst on the path adjacent to Colin's plot.  It looks much better now.  Next job is to prepare for planting - bean poles and removing weed fabric from a few beds.

But all is not entirely good with the strimmer -  for some reason the cord doesn't feed out when I bump the head. I'm resigned to just opening up the head and pulling out another few inches of cord when it wears down.  I'll re-examine the fitting when I have a moment - but tomorrow we're invited to our son's house to meet his in-laws, so I expect I'll be on duty preparing for this encounter. 

Thanks for your help, Grendel. 

By the way, do people make remarks to you about Beowulf?  And do you live in the fens?  "Forth from the fens, from the misty moorlands, Grendel came gliding, grim wrath he bore."  etc

grendel

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 21:50 »
not often, but then again I am relatively armless.....
I acquired the nickname when we did Beowulf in English Literature at school, it followed me through viking re-enactment, then forums.
Grendel

xx
Strimmer Line.

Started by greenhead on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post August 13, 2016, 21:15
by jezza
xx
Strimmer line breaking.

Started by Fen on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2014, 19:58
by Steveharford
xx
Strimmer Line feeds out all the time.

Started by mitzygolf on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2015, 18:04
by snow white
xx
Wrong strimmer line spool.

Started by sharky on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post June 10, 2008, 20:53
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 39 queries.