What's the weather like where you are? - 2019

• 958 Replies

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: What's the weather like where you are? - 2019
« Reply #555 on: June 12, 2019, 18:22 »
None of the forecast rain has arrived today, if I'd have known I'd have headed to the plot this afternoon!

GraciesGran

« Reply #556 on: June 13, 2019, 07:30 »
Tipping it down in Eastbourne, got soaked running back from the beach with the dog.

grinling

« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2019, 15:26 »
part of the polytunnel flooded, but not as bad as the farm land....1st earlies and peas flooded, but better weather for next week.

Paul Plots

« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2019, 11:16 »
Friday - fine... overcast but the sun is there somewhere sneaking through the high-rise clouds.

Watering = done (on automatic).. Just need the heat lamp back as nights not encouraging growth although the weeds seem happy (as usual).
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2019, 12:08 »
It's like March or April here, sunshine, showers and quite breezy  ::) Only 9C in the greenhouse overnight, so the tender stuff seems to have stalled. Hoping for some more warmth soon..

mrs bouquet

« Reply #560 on: June 15, 2019, 10:25 »
about the same as Mum's, really not ideal and the ch keeps clicking on  >:(  Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #561 on: June 15, 2019, 10:53 »
It's like March or April here, sunshine, showers and quite breezy  ::) Only 9C in the greenhouse overnight, so the tender stuff seems to have stalled. Hoping for some more warmth soon..

The same type of weather today, but it is a bit warmer out of the wind :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #562 on: June 15, 2019, 11:43 »
Dry at the moment - not due to last even though the sun is pushing through... rain later.

(Sounds like the shipping forecast - visibility.. Where's my glasses?)

We had plans (don't we all). Nothing much in the garden to day but the garage is full to bursting and needs a thorough seeing to.... on hold until a whole day of dry is forecast.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #563 on: June 15, 2019, 11:49 »
18C, and just about managing not to rain, although having rained every day this week (total 3") I don't suppose we'll get away without a shower (especially as I'm only a third of the way through cutting my hedges and am still waiting impatiently to try out my new lithium-ion powered hedge trimmer.  :nowink:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #564 on: June 15, 2019, 17:55 »
It was a nice morning but I had other things to do than gardening.  Then a couple of hours in the allotment shop this afternoon, followed by ambitious (!) plans to plant out my sweetcorn after having re-weeded the bed.

As soon as I got to the plot, the heavens opened  :mad:  As I wasn't minded to get thoroughly soaked for the second time in two days (the difficulties of showing people around plots … !), cue lots of hiding in the greenhouse with rain thundering down, and taking the opportunity to tie up the tomatoes and remove all those side shoots that are now big enough to challenge the main stem  ::) :ohmy:

Remember the song from Grease called "Stranded at the drive in"?  Well, I now have my own version:

"Trapped in the greenhouse" …  :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #565 on: June 16, 2019, 08:00 »
Yesterday was lovely - sunny, reasonably warm and dry. So the grass has finally been cut. Lovely start to the day here but they're reckoning the rain is heading in. That's OK though, I've things to sort in the greenhouse and polytunnel.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #566 on: June 16, 2019, 09:40 »
It was a bit grey all morning here yesterday.  I made it to the plot for lunchtime(ish) and got caught with a couple of heavy showers that had us all running for the big yew tree by the gate.  It is obligingly spreading enough to act as an umbrella for several soggy allotmenteers  :lol:

Most packed up and went home, but I carried on weeding, the sun came out and it turned out to be a lovely afternoon.  Finally tore myself away about 5.30, when I realised the time and remembered we were meeting friends later, so needed to get home and de-grub.

Rooting around weeding in damp, lovely smelling soil with the warmth of the sun of your back is the perfect way to unwind in my book  :D  Today we already have the rain, but if it clears up a bit, I'm off for another weeding session.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #567 on: June 16, 2019, 10:12 »
Grey skies this morning, sometimes very dark, but no rain as yet, quite breezy with it.
10 overnight and up to 16C now.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #568 on: June 16, 2019, 11:48 »
It has been pouring down and just stopping, very windy again.   Met forecast says brighter by 1 to 2ish.  Hope its correct as I am volunteering again in the garden at St. Barnabas Hospice, which is open today under the NGS scheme.   Mrs B

wighty

« Reply #569 on: June 16, 2019, 16:54 »
Has only just stopped raining here, that fine drizzle that I think makes you wetter than the big 'blobs'.  Pity all those at the Festival as they have had a miserable weekend.

xx
What's for tea 2019?

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

745 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 22:33
by mrs bouquet
xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 11:35
by John
xx
allotments 2019

13 Replies
Last post March 23, 2019, 19:25
by jaydig
xx
looking back on 2019

2 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:18
by WeavingGryphon

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 56 queries.