Is my chuck on the way out??

• 12 Replies

cbv8

Is my chuck on the way out??
« on: November 23, 2013, 13:25 »
Hi All,
Over the last few days I have noticed one of my hens doing some weird movements not the yawning transferring food to the gullet movements but like bending side to side almost as if she is has something moving inside her ALIEN  :ohmy: Could she be on the way out or having fits or something other than these movements she is eating well and shows no illnesses I recently wormed them all and feed them acv every water change any help or advice much appreciated  ;)

Casey76

Re: Is my chuck on the way out??
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 14:55 »
Have you checked to make sure her crop us empty first thing in a morning?  Also have a feel if her crop to see if you can feel and hard or fibrous lumps in there, which might indicate impacted crop

cbv8

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 16:12 »
Hi Casey76 I have just checked and her crop does feel full but not hard I massaged her crop for a while and will check again tomorrow :unsure: thanks for the advice  ;)

grinling

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 22:23 »
is she laying. Is she hot? Check under her wing as well as the other birds wings.

barley

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 22:42 »
if she has impacted crop give her fishing maggots - worked for me in the past
or try a tiny amount of olive oil with a syringe and massage crop

cbv8

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 00:37 »
is she laying. Is she hot? Check under her wing as well as the other birds wings.
She is quite warm but not hot but how hot is hot :unsure: she is laying :) Barley fishing maggots?? and what do I do with the olive oil put it down her beak :unsure: :unsure:

cbv8

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 13:07 »
Checked this morning and she is still the same so have given her some warm olive oil lets see if that works :unsure:

barley

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 20:42 »
yep olive oil down the beak with a syringe - don't do it to much though as it can build up on the liver

fishing maggots - most tackle shops sell them by the pint - get the white ones ( yukkkk ) chooks will gobble them down no probs and the live maggots help to break down rotting food in the crop before being digested themselves ( ewwww )

sorry hope your not eating your tea !!!!!

cbv8

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29 »
yep olive oil down the beak with a syringe - don't do it to much though as it can build up on the liver

fishing maggots - most tackle shops sell them by the pint - get the white ones ( yukkkk ) chooks will gobble them down no probs and the live maggots help to break down rotting food in the crop before being digested themselves ( ewwww )

sorry hope your not eating your tea !!!!!
Barley, Thanks for the advice have just bought some maggots fingers crossed it works it did make the wife winch when I read out your message to her  :D

grinling

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 19:45 »
is she laying at the mo, any sign of broken egg inside her.

cbv8

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 18:29 »
An update my chuck seems to have made a full recovery and is eating like there's no tomorrow  :D thanks again for all the advice  feel a bit sorry for the maggots tho what an end ;) 

barley

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 19:30 »
An update my chuck seems to have made a full recovery and is eating like there's no tomorrow  :D thanks again for all the advice  feel a bit sorry for the maggots tho what an end ;)

great news - maggots ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

cbv8

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 20:43 »

great news - maggots ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
;) ;)

clip
Does my Chuck look ill??

Started by cbv8 on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post October 11, 2013, 20:52
by barley
xx
My chuck is not well.

Started by smith47 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 29, 2011, 16:26
by ANHBUC
exclamation
Something wrong with my chuck - HELP Please

Started by CrazyMayonnaisy on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post February 02, 2009, 18:27
by woodburner
xx
Help Sick Chuck (we think)

Started by chuckmad on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post June 03, 2010, 07:51
by kzaba

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 39 queries.