thank you peeps!

• 7 Replies

adele

thank you peeps!
« on: April 30, 2009, 22:05 »
Hi, i am a new mum to three pol warrens and cant wait to announce the birth of my first boiled egg!   I would just like to say a big thank you to all the posters on here as I think the first week with my chooks would have sent me grey with worry if it wasnt for the fantastic people on here. i know i have only posted once but i have read every single posting (or so OH says!)
 i didnt panic with odd looking poo, just looked it up on here. no problems,
i didnt panic with the rosey and sitting when i approached just looked it up on here. 
  I am sure all newbies on here like me would like to know how much we appreciate this site. (yes i will post pics but it is easier getting my feathered girls to come to me than my 14 yr old to show how to upload pics!)   adele

meterman

• Experienced Member
Re: thank you peeps!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 23:03 »
I Adele what part of SOT are you i'm at clayton nice to hear somebody local.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:00 »
Thank you for your kind comments adele. 

Chickens are not as easy to look after and can give farm more worries than non-chicken keepers would imagine.  Definitely easier to keep a cat or dog.

It's nice to know that all most new keepers are lacking is a little knowledge and confidence.  Tie your 14 year old to the computer and make him/her read this :

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.0

and teach you how to do it  :D

chicklit

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 13:48 »
I'd like to echo your comments too, Adele. This site is so helpful and the people her are so warm and friendly. I have recommended it to friends who are just starting out with chicken keeping. Once you read the old posts, you start to learn what your chooks need or what ailments they suffer from. They are much harder Auntie, than cats and dogs, but with all your knowledge on here, we can all learn quickly how to put good animal husbandry into practice. THANK YOU ALL !!!
" LIFE'S TOUGH, BUT IT'S EVEN TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID" John Wayne

adele

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 20:46 »
Hi meterman, we are in blurton, i think suburban chicken keeping is great although hard work

too many girls

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 21:06 »
unfortunatley i haven't contributed to your thread ( i have read it) but i would like to say thank you to you, it's so very nice to have someone that appreciates the help everyone is willing to give, that's why this forum is different from others, everyone is with you through thick and thin, and if things go wrong (which they sometimes do) no one will criticise or make judgement,  welcome Adele.

Sparr0wman

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 09:20 »
I think Adele is right, and i'd like to say the same.
      I have noticed everyone on here welcomes you with so much warmth. every time there is a new member with a new post, it is delt with in the same way, very politely.
I have noticed even when the same question is asked over and over again, sombody answers as if it is the first time they have heard it, ( in many ways it is!). This isn't found in other forums, you usually get some general "search an you will find" post. :mad:
      I also found comfort that there was people around at the start of my chicken adventure that i could turn to quickly if i needed help or even just needed to boost my confidence.
     I'm not going to go on but you get the idea :blush:

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 10:06 »
that's mainly because we all like going on about our chickens, and we like it if we can tell someone new!  :tongue2:

Have you noticed that pictures are the law?
you might get that pointed out every now and then.

:lol:

xx
Royal Wedding peeps

Started by brownysfp on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 21:17
by brownysfp
xx
Solve a problem for non-chicken peeps!

Started by catllar on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 13:47
by mohs.ayaz

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 39 queries.