Water Rates Bill

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

Water Rates Bill
« on: April 24, 2020, 16:42 »
I have just paid mine.    According to the bill, I have used 5 litres more than this time last year. and a household with 1 person typically is 178 litres/day.    I have used 61 litres and my Bill was £68.75.
Now I am very careful my daily shower never runs except of get me wet and then rinse off. the kettle I only fill with a mug full etc.     I am quite surprised and wonder if my meter is wrong  :lol:   Still I don't care, I
shall just be quite and say nothing just pay up when asked.   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Charlibp

Re: Water Rates Bill
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 17:37 »
It is most likily your toilet flush, worst invention for the planet flushing toilets. Have you thought about getting a compost toilet. I recently did and it is far better/cleaner and nicer to use. Def not what I was expecting. Shall make great compost for the flowers in a few years as well

polo71

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 17:43 »
I have just paid mine.    According to the bill, I have used 5 litres more than this time last year. and a household with 1 person typically is 178 litres/day.    I have used 61 litres and my Bill was £68.75.

We pay £56 a month 2 adults and to teenagers ! I am sure the meter is wrong but they wont change it.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 20:12 »
Oh< I am not complaining at all, if that is all I have used, then who am I too argue.    My friends all seem to be paying more than double mine.    :D  Mrs Bouquet

jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 11:37 »
Hello 178 litres is 39 gallons that seems a lot for 1 person a day ,280 gallons a week that a small heating oil tank full  as you say dont tell them it'll be the A.R.M (automatic meter  reader) on top of the stop tap outside your house that's gone daft one round the corner ran backwards for 2 years before the water aurhority realised jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 14:29 »
But I only used 61 ltrs per day, so I am either very thrifty or very dirty  :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 16:50 »
The things that annoy me are water saving toilets. You need to flush them 2 or 3 times compared to once with a conventional toilet. Also they have a tendency to continually flow if the valve fails then requires a very expensive visit from a plumber rather than merely a quick diy fix. Otherwise you pay a much larger water bill. I believe this is called progress ::) HH
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 16:51 by Hampshire Hog »
Keep digging

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 23:05 »
I have only got a bog standard one  :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 23:07 »
"But I only used 61 ltrs per day, so I am either very thrifty or very dirty"

Ask Ben Fogle, he was on the island some 20years ago (Castaways) and said you dont need to wash as frequently as you think!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 12:09 »
"But I only used 61 ltrs per day, so I am either very thrifty or very dirty"

Ask Ben Fogle, he was on the island some 20years ago (Castaways) and said you dont need to wash as frequently as you think!

I guess if I was castaway on an island, maybe one wouldn't need to, crickey can you imagine it, how horrible  :D :D   I wonder what Mrs Fogle thinks about that, especially in lockdown !!    Mrs Bouquet

xx
Water Rates Bill - Such a Miser

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 04, 2018, 07:26
by arh
xx
The Bill for Water....

2 Replies
Last post April 16, 2019, 15:43
by mrs bouquet
xx
Energy Bill/Smart meters ?

3 Replies
Last post March 26, 2024, 10:19
by Lardman
xx
I need to put more water with it!!

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post April 19, 2023, 09:00
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 49 queries.