Getting started

• 17 Replies

The Golden Heap

• Experienced Member
Re: Getting started
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 16:14 »
Hi I have opted for the kitchen table for the first part of the fermentation, started today at 7.30am and thoroughly enjoyed it, also started a worzel orange wine , found a recipe on the web and that's bubbling away! Got to round up some more bottles!

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 13:17 »
One word of warning! Be careful not to get too carried away before you try it!

I currently have over 50 bottles (and also 8 demijohns waiting to be bottled) after a brewing frenzy that started 9 years ago! I had a go at quite a lot of different ones - blackberry, rosehip, apple, pear, elderberry, rhubarb, plum and sloe - as I couldn't bear to pass a hedgerow that had something to pick !  I was a bit disappointed at the taste of some of them initially and so have left them to "mature"! We open a bottle occasionally when The Husband feels strong enough to tackle it!!  :D

But that said - enjoy!

The Golden Heap

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 08:37 »
One word of warning! Be careful not to get too carried away before you try it!

I currently have over 50 bottles (and also 8 demijohns waiting to be bottled) after a brewing frenzy that started 9 years ago! I had a go at quite a lot of different ones - blackberry, rosehip, apple, pear, elderberry, rhubarb, plum and sloe - as I couldn't bear to pass a hedgerow that had something to pick !  I was a bit disappointed at the taste of some of them initially and so have left them to "mature"! We open a bottle occasionally when The Husband feels strong enough to tackle it!!  :D

But that said - enjoy!

Strong enough to enjoy it, must be leathal stuff!!  I will try and be patient and give it time to mature.  The 30 bottle pack I am sure will turn out fine...oh and the strawberry sparkler I intend to make this weekend!!  30 plus 6 plus 6 = eh eh 42! I can now see how easy it would be to have 50 plus...

xx
Getting started

Started by RJR_38 on Homebrew

4 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 14:40
by Daamoot
xx
Just started

Started by jimroden on Homebrew

1 Replies
Last post November 11, 2008, 20:20
by garddwr
xx
Apple wine now started.

Started by Capt Zero on Homebrew

38 Replies
Last post November 15, 2013, 21:13
by maggiemay
xx
bumping up % after fermentation has started

Started by wolverine on Homebrew

6 Replies
Last post June 08, 2011, 14:55
by timtheenchanteruk

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 38 queries.