Allotment List

• 8 Replies

Riala

Allotment List
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:32 »
I contacted my council again this morning and got told:

Boultham Glebe - 11 people ahead of you on waiting list.
St Botolphs Crescent - 4 people ahead of you on waiting list

----------------------------------

Strange, when I first put my name down, they told me there were only 3 people in front of me, and there was no mention of Boultham Glebe?!

compostqueen

Allotment List
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:46 »
It doesn't surprise me. Keep checking.  Better still visit those sites and see what the situation is on the ground. There could be plots sitting there unlet

Riala

Allotment List
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:52 »
I went a few weeks ago, saw a plot with weeds almost to my head height!

Took pictures, sent them too the council, their reply was:

We can not tell from the picture which plot it is, nor can we tell how old the photo is.

Even though I told them i had taken the pic 3 days before!!

p00rstudent

• Experienced Member
Allotment List
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 13:49 »
if you can get hold of the site rep, and get them on side you might stand a sligthly better chance. they have a tendancy to be more receptive than the council.

paintedlady

Allotment List
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 20:01 »
Long story short, the boundaries either side of my plot have got lost as all 3 had got into a sad state & were vacant for years.  When I took on the plot May last year, I asked where the boundaries were and 17 months later, still waiting ...

Meanwhile, one of the plots has been vacant since March and won't be released to an interested person until the boundaries have been officially marked out.  I had asked if I could take on that vacant plot but was emphatically told that someone was showing a keen interest in it  - that person is either fictitious or going out of their mind wondering why it still hasn't been sorted out yet.  :roll:
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

allstars_princess

• Experienced Member
Allotment List
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 22:02 »
1. Take a picture with a newspaper in it, and their response.  They cannot deny the date then.  
2. Go down there and ask the allotment officer in charge what is going on.
3. Suggest you do the work for them as sometimes it just comes down to money.
4. Keep going....I know this is hard but I waited 3 years for my allotment but it is so worth it.

Allotment Jon

Allotment List
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:10 »
I have found that local councils attitude towards allotments is poor. I had my name down for nearly 2 years and when I was offered a plot there were 4 that had been empty for well over 1 year. When I signed for my allotment it stated that the plot must remain weed free otherwise you will loose the plot. There are several on my allotment with 6 ft high weeds so who is checking this. I was also told that you can not put carpet down over unused area's. You must use the black plastic sheeting provided by the council. I ordered this in May and am still waiting.

Riala

Allotment List
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 09:52 »
Ok... how do I go about finding out who my Rep is then?

I am currently in talks with someone who says: I am actually the person who deals with allotments. The first person who replied you to was my manager who was looking after emails etc for me whilst I was on holiday.

The allotment associations are not part of the council, they are run independently.

As previously stated, as soon as I am able to offer you something, I will put it in writing to you.

This was after I sent a complaints email because I had 3 different answers from 3 different people.

p00rstudent

• Experienced Member
Allotment List
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 10:49 »
i went down to the allotment site and our rep a very nice chap called pete made himself known and showed me around, you could ask any of the plot holders that are around as they should know who their site rep is.

xx
Allotment waiting list

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post October 17, 2008, 21:10
by gobs
xx
Allotment Register Or List??

Started by puravida on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 16, 2008, 20:41
by gobs
xx
What is your list of jobs for the allotment this weekend?

Started by LivvyW on Grow Your Own

51 Replies
Last post April 06, 2009, 00:02
by Paul Plots
xx
Shopping List for an Allotment Newbie?

Started by nickmcmechan on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post December 29, 2010, 10:07
by nickmcmechan

Page created in 0.37 seconds with 38 queries.