Basil Faulty moment..

• 7 Replies

Lardman

Basil Faulty moment..
« on: March 27, 2023, 13:44 »
I don't use my printer very often any more but needed to print a letter out this morning. it has taken me 3 hours to print 1 a4 page  :mad: Much Anglo Saxon later I image today would have looked a bit like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg92M1yH6wI to the casual observer, just replace the mini with a hp 2100.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 13:45 by Lardman »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Basil Faulty moment..
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 15:50 »
I think we’ve all been there, Lardy.  :ohmy:

AndyRVTR

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 16:42 »
I was there yesterday.. what a bl00dy nightmare I had just to print off a few pages!

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 17:38 »
So glad to know I'm not the only one.

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 22:13 »
I think we’ve all been there, Lardy.  :ohmy:
I bought it back in 1999 and it's been trouble free until now, it normally just sits on the network minding it's own business.  The jetdirect card just would not grab an ip from the dhcp this morning and when I went to hook a usb cable up directly the only other interface was centronics  :ohmy: despite emptying out most of the spare bedroom I couldn't find my usb to centronics adapter, I know it's in there somewhere - hiding just for shiggles  :mad:. In the end I found it was the VLAN tagging for the IOT network that was causing the problem, disabled it and everything sprang into life, can't say I've ever seen that with a printer before.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 10:20 »
Mine always decides to do a mega-cleaning of nozzles and other stuff when I need an urgent print-out, but mostly it starts to print out then beeps because the cassette has supposedly run out of paper. No it hasn't! I then ensure the  paper is correctly loaded (by an adjustment of a millimeter - bah!) and start again. BEEP - no paper - repeat process along with a smack on the top. It always tends to do this when I have to walk away to do something else. :mad:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 13:19 »
I imagine it would inspire something like the "Office Space printer destruction" scene.  I was going to post a link to the YouTube video clip, but didn't, due to "blue language" content.  With adult supervision of course, it is worth looking up on your own.

My printer issues usually revolve around some printers in the house not being used often enough to keep the print heads working properly.  Repairable, if you follow the manufacturer's carefully-guarded secret instructions and procedures, and hire a Voodoo priest to perform the proper incantations.  It doesn't help that Epson periodically sends "Firmware Updates" that render the printer as useful as a rock for printing purposes (a well-known problem).

My eldest son had an Epson printer that stopped working for him.  He wouldn't consent to having me look at it to repair it, and instead bought a Brother printer to replace it . . .  I convinced him to give me the old one "for recycling purposes".  A week later, I printed out a page from it, and left that where he normally puts his car keys when he visits.  When he asked "what's this", I explained that it was a page from his "broken printer"!   :lol:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 15:33 by Subversive_plot »
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 15:04 »
Oooooh! I know a voodoo priest, but he lives darn sarf so I only receive the occasional selection of various hilarious, nefarious, garious, hilarious and some rather wariest pics which he charges a fortune for. What you get amounts to someone who hasn't clean their camera lens in a month of Sundays so you have to download some sort of pic app where you can remove the blurring of animal hair. Guess who has the necessary app at a mega price? Yeah, you guessed it. It's our dear friend ..............?!  :lol:

xx
A 'You've Been Framed' moment !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 10, 2018, 17:11
by mrs bouquet
xx
A beautiful childhood moment.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post March 12, 2018, 14:55
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 46 queries.